sharetrader
Page 43 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

LOL...yeh I've noticed they are lining up to buy W69. Bung should be a person of their word and "bung" up the hole which appears to be bottomless unfortunately. Probably due to David having his arse being bitten down to the bone.
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez bung .....great call ....80 cents it is
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Banned

Make that a 3% yield for me

Just saying i called it too if i remember correctly. 78c yields the same return as 1.70 before the dividend cut (according to my spreadsheet) called it on the 26th. Im a little more worried about their debt though and capacity to actually pay their dividends. Time will tell

I'm tempted to jump in now, however interested to see the result to see what hit the profit so much.

Quote Originally Posted by samdaman View Post
    Just saying i called it too if i remember correctly. 78c yields the same return as 1.70 before the dividend cut (according to my spreadsheet) called it on the 26th. Im a little more worried about their debt though and capacity to actually pay their dividends. Time will tell
    Yes you did sandaman

How they handle that debt will be interesting .....somehow I get the feeling that they will get the bank on their side and hope they can just let it run.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes you did sandaman

How they handle that debt will be interesting .....somehow I get the feeling that they will get the bank on their side and hope they can just let it run.
    if they get debt under control I could see a nice scenario playing out where by they limit divvies for a while then return to their past level of dividends, there'd be a nice price hike and holders at these prices would be sitting on massive gains. Could get worse though, definitely can't rule that out

"Dividend Reinvestment Plan remains suspended so will not be in operation for
    the interim dividend. "

Hard to understand why it is still suspended when right now it would be very helpful!

Oh dear - revenues slightly (2.3%) down, Operating cost less moderately up (by 4,9%) as well as administrative overhead (up 4.8%). Some of it probably golden hand shakes for recruitment mistakes and apparently a utility bill nobody expected. Result: misery.

Didn't find any impairment for David's impaired butt - where would we look for that?

So I guess its now us hoping that they may be able to get the ship floating again, though somebody mentioned before that hope is no strategy ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Balance sheet no pretty sight either. Debt ratio (Liabilities to total assets) increased from 64.5% (in Jun 14) to 78.8%. I guess its o.k. if they want to compete with CNU (at 80.1% last time I checked), but do they really need to compete for the position of the most indebted Telecom company? Scarry, not sure, whether declaring a dividend is the best idea the board had so far ... though maybe there is a pattern: Buy Farmside, Hire incompetent managers, fire them and pay them a golden handshake, pay dividend ....
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Balance sheet no pretty sight either. Debt ratio (Liabilities to total assets) increased from 64.5% (in Jun 14) to 78.8%. I guess its o.k. if they want to compete with CNU (at 80.1% last time I checked), but do they really need to compete for the position of the most indebted Telecom company? Scarry, not sure, whether declaring a dividend is the best idea the board had so far ... though maybe there is a pattern: Buy Farmside, Hire incompetent managers, fire them and pay them a golden handshake, pay dividend ....

Paying a dividend seems like very poor governance for the situation .