sharetrader
Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Banned

Someone getting very impatient today shutting it down at 65c,must need the money to pay their upcoming provisional tax my 12k left out of my original 54k would just pay my bill but I've got it covered from elsewhere,I've got the feeling that seeing where this share ends up is going to redefine the meaning of the word Longhaul

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Someone getting very impatient today shutting it down at 65c,must need the money to pay their upcoming provisional tax my 12k left out of my original 54k would just pay my bill but I've got it covered from elsewhere,I've got the feeling that seeing where this share ends up is going to redefine the meaning of the word Longhaul
    If you want to drive from Wellington to Auckland you are best not to get on the Picton ferry.Yes I know the Kiakoura Coast is wonderful,and seeing you are on the way ,why not drop in and catch up with the wonderful sharetraders of ChCh.But the fact is you are getting further away from your destination, which may I remind you was Auckland.
    As with shares you would have been better heading north on highway 1.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    If you want to drive from Wellington to Auckland you are best not to get on the Picton ferry.Yes I know the Kiakoura Coast is wonderful,and seeing you are on the way ,why not drop in and catch up with the wonderful sharetraders of ChCh.But the fact is you are getting further away from your destination, which may I remind you was Auckland.
    As with shares you would have been better heading north on highway 1.
    Nice analogy Percy, ain't hindsight great but I guess if your not in a hurry then as long as you get to your destination eventually that's all that matters aye, I'm thinking David Ware may need to start doing less team talking and a whole lot more straight talking.

Down to 60 cents in soft trading - and only weak support somewhere between 50 and 55 cents. Lacking any news people just seem to lose their nerves (or their interest or both). This share might be a bargain, but not quite sure what safety margin (given the apparent risks) I want to apply ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Down to 60 cents in soft trading - and only weak support somewhere between 50 and 55 cents. Lacking any news people just seem to lose their nerves (or their interest or both). This share might be a bargain, but not quite sure what safety margin (given the apparent risks) I want to apply ...
    She's a tough one alright but safety margin doesn't come into it for me,I'm that far in the red I don't even see the point in selling out to take what's left, its more a matter of wait and see where things head to or not over the next few years.

Yes, this point has to have some impact on the SP...I would surmise that there are many shareholders in the same boat. One might assume that this has to have some slowing influence on the price. The non holders will be saying..better to take 60 than 50 but the reality is its so far down its sort of immaterial for holders. I see this grinding to a holt at some point soon and then vultures will be looking to get in for the ride back up. The lack of volume has never been great so its hard to see where this point is going to settle.
    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    She's a tough one alright but safety margin doesn't come into it for me,I'm that far in the red I don't even see the point in selling out to take what's left, its more a matter of wait and see where things head to or not over the next few years.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

I haven't caught up with TTK ever since the divvy cut but what are they still aiming to pay an 8c annual divvy?

Quote Originally Posted by samdaman View Post
    I haven't caught up with TTK ever since the divvy cut but what are they still aiming to pay an 8c annual divvy?
    They'll be lucky to maintain any divie at the rate their going..

Interest expense makes up approx 5% of revenue... Conservatively financed this is not..

Stay away, risk and reward really does not stack well with this company.

Much better dividend paying companies who a conservatively financed out there.

good grief closes at 55 cents

A 8 cent divie ..... 15% yield ..... better than Greek 10 year bonds and far less risk
    Last edited by winner69; 01-05-2015 at 08:33 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    good grief closes at 55 cents

A 8 cent divie ..... 15% yield ..... better than Greek 10 year bonds and far less risk
    Yeah Right !!!!
    But I think Greece will still be there in 10 years time.!!