sharetrader
Page 15 of 91 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

You been watching "Flying High" again? Of course it can.... and don't call me Shirley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two Gloves View Post
    This has been on my radar for a while.....thinking now might be the time to jump in....surely it can't go below $1.50??
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Sorry Shirley! So it does look like a game of Limbo with "How low can she go" but if it does go under $1.50 would this trigger a fresh bout of selling?

Could do...or a fresh bout of vomiting!...Keep em coming.
    Sorry Shirley! So it does look like a game of Limbo with "How low can she go" but if it does go under $1.50 would this trigger a fresh bout of selling?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Seriously..if you look back at various posts on this thread...you'll probably come to the conclusion that no-one has the foggiest. That's the great thing about the Shear market...sometimes you get your wool fleeced and other times you're the one doing the fleecing. Its the long game that's important .....if you buy now and dividends are ongoing you're good to go...if you wait could go further down...or not.
    Last edited by BIRMANBOY; 16-07-2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: t out and d in
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    Directors have been buying these past couple of months and there must be some substance to their confidence in this stock.

ANTHONY JOHANNES BORREN
    ROGER MORRISON SOWRY
    CHARLES JONATHAN POPE

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=3588048
    https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=3621683
    https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=3629537

Managing Director David Ware and Finance Director Geoff Davis have not yet been buying.

Still, I would say that with a divi yield of 13% (20cps), DMI divergence, RSI <20 and decent market credibility that this stock is now a Buy.

Discl: I'm now bidding at its psychological support price of 150c.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Just learning here BC, but I would have thought the DMI is showing the downtrend momentum is strong?
    You are correct Longhaul..
    BC has investor illusionment..we all get it from time to time.. he really wants to buy into TTK at 150 but needs to validate reasons in his mind to support this buy in.

Psychological supports????...TTK price of $2.00 was a minor support area..it did not hold and broke..the psychological support price of $1.50 ??? there is no physical tangible support here only a mental intangible one...To look for intangible answers, you constantly have to look at the depth... As of tonight (at close) there is slight support at both 150 and 148...however remember depth is a very fluid support & resistance variable and can change these days within a nanosecond...

For any one with TA doubts ...At this moment in time it has NO buy signals either at the short,medium or long term....For the very short term there's not enough trading data ..

From IPO in 2004 Up until 2012.. TTK role on the Stock Exchange was seen as a mostly trendless Dividend Stock (dividends around 10%)...
    With hindsight,, 2013 onwards there has be no valid reasoning to buy this stock...and to make things more unpredictable the technical mould was broken this year when it fell below 190 around April fools day ....this was a record low so that tells you the 190 primary support broke (WARNING SIGN???) and since then the shareprice has kept falling within a Technical Vacuum where there are no supports at all.........so... where TTK finally bottoms out is any ones guess...
    Last edited by Hoop; 16-07-2014 at 09:23 PM.

IMO

Had an update in june last year and FY results in august. So not long to go till ,bottoms up....or down.

Hoop can we clone you ; every home should have a w hoop.

A bit ominous no update in june this year mmmmh or it may mean same/same
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 16-07-2014 at 10:34 PM. Reason: re no update this year

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Had an update in june last year and FY results in august. So not long to go till ,bottoms up....or down.

Hoop can we clone you ; every home should have a w hoop.
    Clone away........A possible fundamental support at 150???...historic div av of 10% and Winners Div prediction of 15c = 150c Price as a fair value for TTK for now......whoopie

DEATH CROSS (50/200) at 270 was a good time to get out of the exciting ride up over the last year

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    DEATH CROSS (50/200) at 270 was a good time to get out of the exciting ride up over the last year
    Hmmm..didn't see that..it was hidden under my Bollinger Band lines
    yeah and the following rally from 2.50 to 2.75 had a sucker look about it when it failed to push on past its EMA200 line...It gave investors a 5 week warning to get out...that's really generous timewise...eh Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    At this moment in time it has NO buy signals either at the short,medium or long term....
    Directors buying is for my mind a buy signal. Improving P/E and %yield is another. It's also not a bad defensive stock (more appealing to me right now than a lot of low revenue 'growth' stocks that are currently being promoted on ST).

From what I see, this stock's price is not far off recovering...and because three directors agree well enough to put their own money behind it, I'm sufficiently confident to buy a small parcel. The rest I'll purchase on the way up...once an upward trend-line has been established. The more conservative investor (Hoop included) may prefer to wait - go right ahead (or rather, 'get in behind'). Timing is as much an art as it is a science.

BC
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.