sharetrader
Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    However, for those who don't own, or hold regardless, "TTK is now cheap"

However, imagine what the share price would do if they're predominantly held by yield focused investors and the dividend was cut completely!
    Exactly. Combined with being as illiquid as it is, I wouldn't touch this share no matter how oversold it got. Things could get VERY ugly between now and June as these large investors try to bail with no one buying.

Anyone thinking of buying "cheap" shares come tomorrow better have another long, hard think about it. This could go sub $1 and stay there very easily...

I assume there was no earn-out payments made for Farmside so acquisition was only $31m

At least $12m of this was paid wih overpriced shares, ie $2.64

Blackpeter, you should discount eps pre 2013 to allow for the significant increase in shares that were issued for farmside.

Dilution was quite heavy. Definitely not eps accretive eh.

Couldn't not notice the diversity report in the AR

Good old boys club this outfit ......100% male directors and officers and from the photos mainly white and over 40

And from the language the CEO uses in public announcements just well methinks.

Nuff said
    Last edited by winner69; 25-01-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just spending a couple of hours to ponder on what to do with my TTK shares after the spectacular drop on Friday (i.e. sell after the dust has settled / hold or use the drop as buying opportunity and accumulate).

Looking at the last annual report - they promised to bring colours into telecommunication .. and hey - they did: Lots of red colour in their books. Lets take a mental note ... they stick to their promises

On the other hand - Roger Sowry's promises a 15 cents dividend ... so maybe they don't?

Looking at their sectors:

Mobile radio is where their roots (and IMHO their skills) are, but this is hardly a growth business and contributing these days only mildly to their earnings. Outlook as I see it ... they can play the "last man standing" strategy (though I remember other companies failing to do that) - and hopefully it will keep contributing some earnings for some time, however I think this sector is unlikely to rejuvenate and turn back into the big cash cow it once used to be.

Broadband was in 2014 (earnings wise) the only exciting part of their business ... but given that they are only one of the dwarf players, that they only can make money if the giant (CNU) sleeps ... and if big customers (hopefully not just city councils) have spare cash to spend. Risky terrain - and long term I am not sure, whether they have the skills and resources to take on the big boys in the towns.

Rural (Farmside): losing them currently money, but IMHO their only chance to make money in the future. Farming is in my view as well a good match to their culture (tough white boys working hard, talking tough, playing poker and drinking throughout the night) and the opportunities are small (and special) enough to avoid too much attention from the big players. Obviously - Dairy going down and the drought in many parts of the country probably didn't help to open farmers pockets - but here might be as well a silver lining for the future: farming is cyclical, and when it goes up again, hopefully so will the number of opportunities for Farmside / Team Talk.

Putting all this together - I think if they play it well, they should have still a future in New Zealand ... however unlikely with lots of growth. Which means the best way to value them is likely to look at the long term PE ... and decide which premium one requires for the risk of them getting down the drain (as indicated - in my view not the most likely scenario, but possible).

If I take the last 5 years, than their average EPS was either 10 cents (including the big "good will write off last year) or 18 cents (excluding the said write off). This would put their value (requesting a PE of 12.5) in the range between $1.20 and $2.20. You can do the maths yourself for PE's better suited to your risk assessment.

Given those, I probably put my sell-trigger" closer to $ 1.20 than to $ 2.20 ... and my "buy" trigger would be somewhere (but not too much) below $1.

Exciting times - lets see, what the future will bring.

Discl: Holding ... and wondering why I didn't sold a larger parcel at $1.79 in early December when I had the opportunity (I sold some, though ...); As always - DYOR.
    Nice post and a good attempt to put a value on this share. Given the late Friday timing of the announcement Monday could be ugly...just as well all the Jaffa's will be at the beach otherwise it'd could be even worse. Better business's than this to buy on a PE of 12.5 IMHO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Nice post and a good attempt to put a value on this share. Given the late Friday timing of the announcement Monday could be ugly...just as well all the Jaffa's will be at the beach otherwise it'd could be even worse. Better business's than this to buy on a PE of 12.5 IMHO.
    Just as well the Jaffa's aren't at a Wellington area beach today or they would all be melted, will be watching the uglyness from the sidelines my fingers will not be going anywhere near the keyboard except to buy some more Air NZ shares

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Monday could be ugly...just as well all the Jaffa's will be at the beach otherwise it'd could be even worse. Better business's than this to buy on a PE of 12.5 IMHO.
    Agreed to both. Didn't propose though to buy them at a PE of 12.5. If they manage to reach this astronomic number, this would be my "sell" trigger.

Might be worth a punt at a PE of half of that (and even if its just to ride out the sick cat bounce a la Moosie). Noted however as well Moosies concerns related to volume ... and agree this will be a real issue.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Top shareholders as per AR

Yield holders won't panic Monday, they have faith

And by the sounds of it the other 1000 odd investors with less than 50,000 shares will hang in there if they didn't sell Friday

If there carnage will only be first hour than back to 110 odd

PS - Birman must be on the list. They say the big shareholders are the ones that move the price. Lead by example mate
    Last edited by winner69; 25-01-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Agreed to both. Didn't propose though to buy them at a PE of 12.5. If they manage to reach this astronomic number, this would be my "sell" trigger.

Might be worth a punt at a PE of half of that (and even if its just to ride out the sick cat bounce a la Moosie). Noted however as well Moosies concerns related to volume ... and agree this will be a real issue.
    Long term holders like (Couta) for example, sorry I just had to point you out as you love Teamtalk for it yield, Now with the yield crushed and well an truly close to being fully cut with debt blowing out we'll see how much your infatuation with this stock really is. Look at how sad Pumpkin patch and Cavalier have become as they took on too much..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chaowee88 View Post
    Long term holders like (Couta) for example, sorry I just had to point you out as you love Teamtalk for it yield, Now with the yield crushed and well an truly close to being fully cut with debt blowing out we'll see how much your infatuation with this stock really is. Look at how sad Pumpkin patch and Cavalier have become as they took on too much..
    I don't have an infatuation with this stock but I'm not about to lose 32k by panic selling, my last panic sell cost me 10k and if I had of waited a couple of weeks I wouldn't have lost anything (Not the same stock I know but the principle remains the same) I will give this company 3 years and see where its at then as I believe it will come through this difficult period.