sharetrader
Page 54 of 91 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Financials are out: $58.4m revenue, $1,3m earnings (hey, a win, not a loss!) - i.e. 4.7 cts/share. Just wondering how they manage to keep paying a dividend on this basis (another 4 cents divvie - i.e. 8 cts dividend total in the year and still managed to (slightly) reduce their liabilities to asset ratio (down from 78% to 68%. Still quite unhealthy ratio, but at least improving.

Promising for 2016 again a slightly better result.

Not sure,whether they are out of the woods yet, but could have been still worse.

Discl: not holding
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 26-08-2015 at 03:23 PM. Reason: typo
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

would need to check again , but i think there was a accounting write down in the first half year

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    would need to check again , but i think there was a accounting write down in the first half year
    not sure about an accounting write down in the first half - maybe you are referring to the big write down they had last FY (acknowledging that they paid too much for Farmside)? The other thing is - they are regularly bitten by unexpected issues (like unexpected power bills in the first half - or "legacy issues" in the second half. Maybe David should invest in a planner ... to reduce the number of "unexpected" bills
    ----

Are you considering another go BP?..it looks unlikely that there will be any more sellers unloading....everyone remaining appears to have thrown them in the sock drawer. The only way is up (he said optimistically.)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Financials are out: $58.4m revenue, $1,3m earnings (hey, a win, not a loss!) - i.e. 4.7 cts/share. Just wondering how they manage to keep paying a dividend on this basis (another 4 cents divvie - i.e. 8 cts dividend total in the year and still managed to (slightly) reduce their liabilities to asset ratio (down from 78% to 68%. Still quite unhealthy ratio, but at least improving.

Promising for 2016 again a slightly better result.

Not sure,whether they are out of the woods yet, but could have been still worse.

Discl: not holding
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Are you considering another go BP?..it looks unlikely that there will be any more sellers unloading....everyone remaining appears to have thrown them in the sock drawer. The only way is up (he said optimistically.)
    Not really - IMHO too many better looking companies around (even during the current volatility). I guess the reason I am still following this stock is
    a) sentiment ... I know the industry and a lot of people in there personally (though they are getting less over time) ....
    b) trying to learn ... I obviously had a reason to sell ... and I try to learn from revisiting my investment decisions occasionally to see how sound they have been. So far I am happy with my decision to sell out TTK (though they do somewhat better than what I expected).
    ----

Banned

Still holding and still getting divvies so should break even about the year 2055 at this rate (Good shares to hand down as an inheritance aye)

I personally think we will see some steady recovery over the next 2-3 years so it may be sooner than you think Couta..also even at 8 cents per year its still twice as good as a TD for me so could be worse. Of course if the dividends stop my fur ball frequency will no doubt be raised to an alarming rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Still holding and still getting divvies so should break even about the year 2055 at this rate (Good shares to hand down as an inheritance aye)
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Just so this doesn't disappear into the furthest region of "never to be mentioned in polite company"...another healthy dividend has miraculously appeared into the bank account. Go you good thing.....we have faith, fortitude and f**k the fear.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Just so this doesn't disappear into the furthest region of "never to be mentioned in polite company"...another healthy dividend has miraculously appeared into the bank account. Go you good thing.....we have faith, fortitude and f**k the fear.
    Classic.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You deserve to do well with that strength of character....lol.

Hi, Did anyone go to the AGM and able to provide a brief update ?