sharetrader
Page 55 of 91 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

According to Roger Sowry at the AGM ..
    "There is no hiding the fact that the Board have had to reduce the dividend
    during the past year.
    As a stock that seems to be heavily weighted by the share market on its
    ability to deliver yield, we have seen the market reduce the share price over
    the year as a result.
    I (and my fellow directors) believe we have the dividend now at a sustainable
    level.
    This was reinforced by the ability for the company to extend our Banking
    facility on terms as good as, if not better than, previously."
    That sounds like a positive comment as to dividends going ahead so good to hear. Assuming that is true and is not just AGM fruitcake and fairy dust, then at a current SP of 73 cents that's a very healthy dividend yield. Possibility of SP rise from yield seekers.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

See weed wanted to see the TTK thread

Jeez he has missed a lot of fun

Maybe nw isvthevtime for see weed to buy in
    Last edited by winner69; 06-02-2016 at 09:41 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    See weed wanted to see the TTK thread

Jeez he has missed a lot of fun

Maybe nw isvthevtime for see weed to buy in
    Thanks winner69. Picked TTk last year for the stocktastic competition and it lost me about 200% . So picked it again this year. Noticed the yield around about 12%, so decided to buy a small holding the other week. Thought I better put the money where my mouth is .

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Thanks winner69. Picked TTk last year for the stocktastic competition and it lost me about 200% . So picked it again this year. Noticed the yield around about 12%, so decided to buy a small holding the other week. Thought I better put the money where my mouth is .
    Our friends live in Huia. The best bet for broadband for them is RBI. They tried to get it sorted out with vodafone, but it was way too hard for them. However Farmside sorted out their connection. They are now happy Farmside customers.

I think the Farmside business has the ability to deliver outcomes for customers that the big telco's can't (or won't) because they are small, nimble, and have the experience of dealing in this area.

Now whether this is enough for it to carve out a profitable niche is another question.
    Last edited by noodles; 06-02-2016 at 10:38 AM.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Was nearly tempted to buy back a handful of TTK shares yesterday after reading the latest newsletter. But than ... my cautious nature took over - and why should I assume that things are good, just because of David using a number of positive sounding terms in his newsletter?

So far it looks like the market is sharing my feelings - SP dropped a further 2 cents.

Just wondering - has anybody a feeling for their earnings last year? Did they make enough to afford paying for their quite high dividend?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Lot of stuff and things happening eh and one of them is a nice little earner. That's good

They will find the cash for those promised dividends this time round
    Last edited by winner69; 11-02-2016 at 04:38 PM.

From the fy15 profit announcement - Overall we expect that EBITDA for the year ahead will be a bit better than the year just gone although, just as with 2015, we expect the second half to be better than first.

OK - profits are very seasonal then

H116 might not be much then?

Birmanboy, are we happy the result? Seems good to me. Gee, even after a 22% increase in the share price in the last 5 minutes, it still has a gross yield of 18%. Nice.

Well, as holder you better be happy - at least they managed to earn the divi (but just ...).

Revenue slightly down and earnings slightly up. Leverage basically unchanged (and quite high - 68.5%); Yes, they somewhat reduced their liabilities, but so did they reduce their asset base; Their in my view most important business unit (farmside) still writing red numbers, though somewhat improving.

Yes, dividend yield looks good as compared to current SP - probably not that good if we consider what most people paid for the shares - and obviously - they have to pay a "risk premium" - while the future does not look that bleak any more, there is still a lot of work to do to make this company again a sustainable earner.

Finding a way to grow revenues (not just profit) is one of them, and not easy in an industry where customers expect to get every year more for the same price.

I guess they turned in my spreadsheet "green" again, but still so many in my view better and less risky opportunities to pursue (though I obviously miss the bubbly at the AGM ... maybe I should buy a share or two to get a ticket ).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Yes nice to see them working away diligently...also nice to see the dividend being met and maintained. Would have put a hole in my annual yield if that went bye bye. And you would be Bobn upn dn as well no doubt. Wish I had an 18% gross...Only 8% for me (but still nice) since I started buying at 2.33 and kept buying eventually worked my way down to 0.55. luckily have bought more at the lower price end than the upper end. Theoretically this should gradually work the SP up since its seems to have stabilized out a bit. As you said buying in at current levels would be a superb earner. I can see the SP working back up to $1 to $1.20 within the next year or two. Heads down bum up and no more arse's being bitten......
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Birmanboy, are we happy the result? Seems good to me. Gee, even after a 22% increase in the share price in the last 5 minutes, it still has a gross yield of 18%. Nice.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz