sharetrader
Page 61 of 91 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Better than its current price, although I'm still going to lose 37k with the 80c offer.
    "You don't know how lucky you are.".....!!!

Makes sense ... Spark should be able to integrate the business quite easily and will have no problems in funding the debt.

Actually - 80 cents is in my view a quite gracious offer - but they probably just don't want to get into a long takeover war.

I'd see this as win-win-win - while most shareholders will take a significant loss ... its better than losing it all. Glad for the employees - I assume they will keep their jobs.

Discl: hold neither TTK nor SPK, but used to hold TTK some years ago (and exited slightly above 80 cents with a big loss as so many).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Agree with above I'm going to take a loss but if the takeover hadnt happened could have ost all my shirt!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Makes sense ... Spark should be able to integrate the business quite easily and will have no problems in funding the debt.

Actually - 80 cents is in my view a quite gracious offer - but they probably just don't want to get into a long takeover war.

I'd see this as win-win-win - while most shareholders will take a significant loss ... its better than losing it all. Glad for the employees - I assume they will keep their jobs.

Discl: hold neither TTK nor SPK, but used to hold TTK some years ago (and exited slightly above 80 cents with a big loss as so many).
    What goes around....Telecom sold Team Talk when Active Equities was TTKs controlling shareholder.

Advanced Member

The late Rene Rivkin reckoned best place to park spare money was in takeover target 1st offer not often last and sometimes 2nd bidder comes along looks like buyers taking that view nice upside for them even if 80c successful.

percy

Did Rene die broke in or out of jail?
    ps.Did he set it on fire?
    Loved a nice fire too.!!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I think a lot of employees will lose their jobs. From what little I have read, this is effectively an asset and customer purchase. Takeover synergies come from stripping out all headoffice/admin costs and I assume even operation staff will be superfluous in an org as big as Spark.

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    The late Rene Rivkin reckoned best place to park spare money was in takeover target 1st offer not often last and sometimes 2nd bidder comes along looks like buyers taking that view nice upside for them even if 80c successful.
    Its a very generous offer. Vodafone the only natural competitor with big pockets (?) and it is in the middle of the Sky merger so probably a bit distracted. Plus TT fibre network must duplicate its cable network?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    "You don't know how lucky you are.".....!!!
    Actually I had an idea on how to significantly reduce my 37k potential loss should the takeover offer be confirmed. Buy a mega block to reduce my average buy price right down. Too tired to do the figures right now but will get onto it soonish. Any other holders thinking along these lines?

Actually I had an idea on how to significantly reduce my 37k potential loss should the takeover offer be confirmed. Buy a mega block to reduce my average buy price right down. Too tired to do the figures right now but will get onto it soonish. Any other holders thinking along these lines?
    Crazy Couta! Haha Roger will be scolding you again

percy

"Oh no"!!!