sharetrader
Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Are we going to see a TWR situation but who could be next bidder? Management buy ou possible?
    Hardly - just have a look at what pittance of shares the board is holding. These guys know just too well what their company is worth and so is management. Why should they get now into a bidding war at 80 cents if they didn't bother to buy their company shares at 40 cents?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Expect the unexpected - anything can happen. Why didn't AIG offer $1.17 for Tower before Fairfax and have a good chance of success? Its like a piece of real estate that sits on the market for years, someone suddenly buys it and then 5 other clever guys were going to buy it - happens all the time. 17
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hardly - just have a look at what pittance of shares the board is holding. These guys know just too well what their company is worth and so is management. Why should they get now into a bidding war at 80 cents if they didn't bother to buy their company shares at 40 cents?

Super Investor

Spark very critical of TTK Board.
    This could get dirty.
    h2

What happens now? Does Spark send TTK shareholders a letter? How does the deal go down?

Judging by the present position of the TTK board it would appear that they are confident that the offer of 80 cents is "woeful" . They appear to be confident of a better outcome and higher value from Grant Samuel. My initial feeling is existing SH will agree with the woefulness and will hold on...if they have sat out the previous poor performance then surely most will be not desperate to sell...and why would you ever sell into a first offer anyway? If TTK board was ready to give up they wouldn't be quite so adversarial. Methinks they really do see better times ahead and are understandably not anxious to rollover and give up.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Yes, I'll keep mine and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes, I'll keep mine and see what happens.

At the moment I intend to hold out, as at $0.80 put me as a loss.............

Advanced Member

Me too - I'm expecting an offer 85 c plus from SPK its small beer for them don't expect them to walk away. TTK management have an obligation to shareholders to play hard ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    At the moment I intend to hold out, as at $0.80 put me as a loss.............

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Me too - I'm expecting an offer 85 c plus from SPK its small beer for them don't expect them to walk away. TTK management have an obligation to shareholders to
    play hard ball.
    Absolutely agree with you Tim

Advanced Member

I hope i am proved right i made a comment in an earlier post on this or TWR post hat the late Rene Rivkin said parking your $ in a takeover target was often a good strategy - got a couple of comments discrediting Rivkin but if SPK increase offer his theory will be right on both situations