sharetrader
Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Yes, interesting alright.

Spark would love to reduce the amount of cash it has to pay to Chorus for the use of it's network. You see this with its campaign to promote its wireless 4G over VDSL (VDSL is almost always a better way to go by the way). Spark's desire to get it's hands on TTK's fibre network shouldn't be underestimated.

I hold Spk, TTK, and CNU. I like Spark and get where they are coming from but fibre networks don't grow on trees. Perhaps a more competitive offer would be reasonable.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 26-03-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Very entertaining reading the previous days posts...do I hear the low pitched hum of various posters attempting to eat barbequed crow kebabs? LOL It aint over till the ghost of David Ware is exorcised from the TTK corridors.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

IMO

Good luck BB. I seem to remember you've held TTK all the way through as a very good provider of divs which however stopped in April last year; are you ahead with s/p gains?

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Gazumped alright. Up for shareholder approval and with board recommendation.
    Not looking good for Spark.
    h2

Ahead..behind... these are just transitory and arbitrary terms applicable to specific points in time and are not to be talked about in polite households. There are three things you never divulge if you are a gentleman. One is the size of your...yes, correct your shoes (but I can tell you that they had to breed selectively for several years to harvest sufficient leather for the project). Two is tattling about whether the lady you went out with recently was in a generous frame of mind at the end of the evening..... (opening the car door for you) .. and lastly boasting to others about the size and contents of your wallet. (That's the other use for the afore mentioned selectively bred cattle). So hopefully that answers your question Oh yes I am still a SH and hoping for a re-instatement of the dividend...which after all is what I am about. Some you win some you lose but over all B Boys gross dividend haul last year ending Dec 2016 are within a whisker of previous years and enable us to continue with the cattle (and cat) breeding. Good luck to all holders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Good luck BB. I seem to remember you've held TTK all the way through as a very good provider of divs which however stopped in April last year; are you ahead with s/p gains?
    Last edited by BIRMANBOY; 26-03-2017 at 03:53 PM.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    Gazumped alright. Up for shareholder approval and with board recommendation.
    Not looking good for Spark.
    Certainly changes the situation, and to think it was only last night that I suggested TTK would require a competitive bidder (lol), or be strung out. Looks like the tables have turned rather quickly on SPK's offer (maybe they knew Voda was in the market when they pitched for the whole company).

Not sure how this will affect the SP (albeit up today [on what basis?]), now that the SPK buyout offer is at risk (possibly off the table but if still interested in the remaining assets will bound to be revised lower)? TTK get $10m in the bank, but lose 70% of the returns from Farmside.

Anyone willing to speculate on where to from here?

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Ahead..behind... these are just transitory and arbitrary terms applicable to specific points in time and are not to be talked about in polite households. There are three things you never divulge if you are a gentleman. One is the size of your...yes, correct your shoes (but I can tell you that they had to breed selectively for several years to harvest sufficient leather for the project). Two is tattling about whether the lady you went out with recently was in a generous frame of mind at the end of the evening..... (opening the car door for you) .. and lastly boasting to others about the size and contents of your wallet. (That's the other use for the afore mentioned selectively bred cattle). So hopefully that answers your question Oh yes I am still a SH and hoping for a re-instatement of the dividend...which after all is what I am about. Some you win some you lose but last years dividends are within a whisker of this years and enable us to continue with the cattle (and cat) breeding. Good luck to all holders.
    So your wallet is made from carcasses. That is gross. Don't the legs get in the way when you stuff it in your back pocket?
    h2

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Certainly changes the situation, and to think it was only last night that I suggested TTK would require a competitive bidder (lol), or be strung out. Looks like the tables have turned rather quickly on SPK's offer (maybe they knew Voda was in the market when they pitched for the whole company).

Not sure how this will affect the SP (albeit up today [on what basis?]), now that the SPK buyout offer is at risk (possibly off the table but if still interested in the remaining assets will bound to be revised lower)? TTK get $10m in the bank, but lose 70% of the returns from Farmside.

Anyone willing to speculate on where to from here?
    Probably no reason to accept any offer unless it reaches the moon. Board happy to carry on with their strategy. I actually thought the half yearly report was quite good. Shareholders should be happy and from reading the report it looks to me that there was going to be a dividend at the end of year. Now maybe a special as well.

Advanced Member

You can't argue its fair when independent valuation says its not and the market things its not also best volume in years today QUOTE=horus1;660309]Dont make me laugh. The Spark price is fair.The TTK board has not done anything to enhance value since the change in major shareholding years ago[/QUOTE]

cannot everyone just get along?

seriously tho, I wouldnt have thought Spark would have wanted Farmside, they just want the Welly fibre, so TTK sell the Farm, Spk own the company at whatever price is agreed on (obviously still some discussions in this area)
    Last edited by peat; 25-03-2017 at 11:35 AM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....