sharetrader
Page 70 of 91 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
    Banned

Spark playing hardball, 80c offer is the final one and it will lapse if the Vodafone deal goes through. Good on them for remaining firm, and taking no notice of that inflated independent valuation. The important bit from Sparks release is when they say, Teamtalk shareholders should carefully consider whether they prefer a clear exit with the Spark offer, or to continue and invest in Teamtalk and rely upon the board and management to deliver the turnaround they have talked about.
    Last edited by couta1; 04-04-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Everybody loves a bargain and SPK is no different...they are playing a game of poker and trying to be staunch but I find it hard to believe that SH's will accept that the SPK offer is so far off the independent valuers report. Just saying its worth 80 cents simply is an indication of what they would like to spend NOT what its worth. As is usual with these camel markets it all comes down to perception and who is "selling" their position in the most effective manner. Having originally offered 60 cents and now upping it to 80 cents is just indicative of a negotiating manoeuvre. if they had upped it to 65 then this is saying "we are almost at our limit" so your counter offer better be close. Going from 60 to 80 is just saying "ok we know that the 60 was a "cheeky" offer...our bad but here is our real bid 80 cents. This indicates to me that they are willing to pay more..maybe up to a $1 however I would guess that if they cannot get it at a "steal" they will just ditch it. This of course brings the situation back to whether you as a SH can buy into the new improved management structure and hint of a turnaround. Grant Samuels didn't pull that valuation out of their A***. It may well be a little rosy but they examined the whole shebang and wouldn't be hugely out.
    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Spark playing hardball, 80c offer is the final one and it will lapse if the Vodafone deal goes through. Good on them for remaining firm, and taking no notice of that inflated independent valuation. The important bit from Sparks release is when they say, Teamtalk shareholders should carefully consider whether they prefer a clear exit with the Spark offer, or to continue and invest in Teamtalk and rely upon the board and management to deliver the turnaround they have talked about.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Advanced Member

Really? Can only recall getting just one 4c divvy since they slipped below $1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Ok, sold 25 per cent of my shares (6600) for $1. That means a nice little profit. I bought at .93 and have received three dividends. High roller!

Now that I've relieved some tension, ill hold the rest to see what happens. I enjoy an adventure.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow longer

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Really? Can only recall getting just one 4c divvy since they slipped below $1?
    3 since Jan-15
    https://nzx.com/markets/NZSX/securities/TTK/dividends

BW
    PT
    om mani peme hum

Yes, 3 x $930 net dividends for me. Such a sucker for a good yield. Oh well, nice while it lasted.

Remember TTK has indicated it would consider reinstating dividend in 2018..of course that could be or should be regarded as a possibility as opposed to a certainty and also of course the size of the dividend is unknown. Since this has always been regarded as a dividend stock it would be fair to say that there will be a certain degree of pressure on the board to reinstate to a decent amount. Failure to do this would cause a massive loss of existing SH (including myself). Patience is one thing but failure to get some work done and produce results is terminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes, 3 x $930 net dividends for me. Such a sucker for a good yield. Oh well, nice while it lasted.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Well guys, TTK shares are currently crossing at 80cps....what does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    lads, im out at 75 lads for a small profit. Can't trust the board to not screw this up.

Good luck
    well bung
    presciant comment above from you only a few weeks ago.

It probably means nothing..this and most of the previous recent couple of weeks would appear to be all traders trading. All it reflects is the expectation level as to whether SPK will up the offer. It would appear these punters think not. It doesn't change the situation as per major issue which is... are SH going to agree to TTK selling a portion of Farmside to Vodaphone. In my HO this will go ahead and SPK will fall away and TTK will go back to business ..hopefully more successfully and with 10 million less debt. Regards all the new holders holding between 80 and $1 some will dump and run and some will stay. This could mean SP may fade a little but I cannot see it going back down to 40 again. The Grant Samuels report hopefully has sunk that possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Well guys, TTK shares are currently crossing at 80cps....what does this mean?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Hah he probably wishes he had held on until it hit $1 ..but useless second guessing these things. it is what it is and we all make the best decision we can and only much later do we actually get any clarity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    well bung
    presciant comment above from you only a few weeks ago.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz