Worthy of its own thread. I think so.

I have been mentally backtesting the Ichi weekly last night... on Eur/Chf and Eur/GBP

Like all lagging indicators it picks up the major movements, but can be jolted around a bit. Chikou span sometimesacts as a good take profit indicator ie it is the first to turn but sometimes it contraindicates for a long time.

The Ichi Weekly timeframes can be a bit daunting in that a 100 pips is just noise. Entry and exit points become subjective enough to make a huge difference

Certainly you will be there for the major moves , tho for instance your long would have been taken out a fortnight after the October low of 1.25 on Eur/Usd and hence missed a big chunk of the recent 700 pips with the weekly just crossing over last week at about 1.30.

My platform doesnt have a monthly timeframe so I cant look at that as Arco has recently on the NZD/USD but weekly would have been long since Aug @ around .65 and you would have got most of the 700 pips shorting it earlier this year, tho chikou would have taken you out way too soon as it seems to do a lot. I dont really get this 22 day lagging close thing. It just appears as a flat line for the last 22 periods ??

So its no holy grail , but when it all comes together (the crossover above the cloud , with the chikou up top) theres some great long term entry's.