sharetrader
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: IchiMoku Magic

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    its from an article in the currency trader mag from november last year which is not available online anymore (for free )
    the file is CurrencyTrader1108s4.pdf which you may still have if you downloaded them each time they come out , but they seem to charge for anything older than the last two months worth.

I've stripped the article and posted it on my web site here - not to styley but contains the text and images

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~peat/this_is_peats_webpage.htm
    Many thanks Peat

Now I look at it I think I printed it out, and probably put it aside for bedtime reading.

The secretary must have filed it away. That will teach me to leave things lying around in the bedroom.

I recently had the opportunity to look at Nicole Elliots Book on Ichimoku.

Ichimoku Charts
    . An introduction to Ichimoku Kinko Clouds.

Very disappointing and not worth buying IMO. These reviewers on Amazon UK thought the same.

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
    1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing at best, 16 Jun 2009
    By M. Enwright -
    (REAL NAME)
    I don't know if I've been trading the Ichimoku Method for as long as the author, but it's the system that I use every day and I bought the book hoping for definitive answers to the questions I have. However, the book failed miserably to treat this important methodology with any respect or depth of knowledge.

For example, there are 5 Kanji characters that make up the name "Ichimoku Kinko Hyo." At the very beginning of the book under the section entitled "Calligraphy" the author describes 4 of the five characters but then says of the 5th "The others are too complicated to go into." It's like saying "I don't know what the 5th character means and I can't be bothered to find out." And this was just the beginning. The entire book went downhill from there. It seems as if the author hoped to disguise her lack of knowledge by adding a great deal of trivia. The whole thing smacks of opportunism and I am annoyed that I spent the money buying this rubbish.

The author recommends a couple of books namely: Beyond Candlesticks (Steve Nison) and Technical Analysis of the Stock Market (Edwards and McGee), If she actually read these books she'd know what a real contribution to Technical Analysis looks like. It's a pity she wasn't duly inspired.

For the only English book of this important methodology, this is not a good start. I can only hope that someone will translate "Ichimoku Kinko Studies" (H. Sasaki)from the original Japanese into English. Comment Comment | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Yes No (Report this) (Report this)

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
    2.0 out of 5 stars Not even close, 27 May 2009
    By Mikkel Christoffersen "Mikkel" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)
    The author produces currency forecasts for a Japanese bank using Ichimoku charts. This should make her uniquely qualified to write the first English-language introduction to this intriguing methodology. However, the book just does not work. We don't get to know Ichimoku charts better than what we can find for free on the web - in fact there's a web site with a forum devoted to Ichimoku which has more interesting material. The book also contains an explanation of a Japanese way of analysing wave structures and counting. Both methodologies are introduced and explained to some degree, but there's very little if anything on how to actually trade using these tools. You're left with a "that's kinda nice ... now what?" feeling. Search the web and trading forums for information about Ichimoku and ideas for incorporating it into your trading. Two stars for the initiative though. Ichimoku is indeed fascinating stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    So I found a bullish crossover above the cloud on the Aussie and went long last night at .8416. Obviously a bit of volatility through the NFP time but +85 this morning - will move stop up and lock in 50.
    closed out half at +134 with remainder now closed out +117 (.8533) as tenkan approaches kijun on the hourly.
    Last edited by peat; 08-09-2009 at 01:50 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Nice trade Peat

Swissy has been short for about 600 pips on the weekly TF, looks like there may be another 600ish to go.

Using a simple wave ABC Elliott count which hopefully DB can confirm.

If correct this would also indicate Euro to go higher.

Here's the Euro chart. Already done circa 600 on the weekly, with perhaps around the same to go before a top is in place. Forward Kumo has been signalling bullish for 6 weeks. Use the Swissy EW count in reverse.

ok arco I've seen a few posts from you suggesting Eur is going higher now and I know enough not to go against this
    so managed to bail out of short euros just before this big spike....
    Last edited by peat; 08-09-2009 at 06:31 PM.

I must have spooked it (Max was around 200 pips)

Got in a bit late, but took 50 pips off half last night with balance currently at +78

i'd been drawing that same triangle y'day but thought it would be unreliable as it went on too far and then it did a couple of false breakouts.
    I didnt make any + pips but I prevented heaps of negative ones which is useful in itself.
    Last edited by peat; 09-09-2009 at 03:28 PM.

And the beat goes on............could roll over soon

Quote Originally Posted by arco View Post
    Nice trade Peat

Swissy has been short for about 600 pips on the weekly TF, looks like there may be another 600ish to go.

Using a simple wave ABC Elliott count which hopefully DB can confirm.

If correct this would also indicate Euro to go higher.

Coming along nicely - circa +200 pips