sharetrader
Page 740 of 840 FirstFirst ... 240640690730736737738739740741742743744750790 ... LastLast
Results 7,391 to 7,400 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I would rather poke myself n the eye with a blunt stick then jump on a bus in Auckland
    You and me both, RTM! But we all know that not everybody feels the same, that there are people who use the trains and buses, and every politician and his dog (if you'll pardon the expression Beagle) talk about the need to "enable a mode shift away from cars" (translation: get us out of our polluting gas guzzlers and save the planet).

But there are two factors I've seen mentioned over recent months which are worth considering.

Back in January AT said bus patronage was sitting at only 53.5 percent of pre-COVID levels for the time of year ... no idea if that's changed now, but I wonder how much impact Covid fears and people continuing to work from home are having? I personally know of two large corporates who are pushing people to return to the office - I also know that some people are strongly resisting that return on the basis that "we've been working from home for nine months now quite successfully, why rush back into the office?"

More recently, it was reported that Auckland Transport are running out of money to run public transport, and they're already looking to reduce some bus services that aren't used that much. There's a funding shortfall from NZTA, the City Rail Link is blowing way over budget (no surprises there), politicians are promising to scrap the regional fuel tax - which results in more funding issues - and everybody wants money for their own pet projects - be they cycleways, climate change initiatives, the Eastern Bus Route, you name it. According to AT it costs $500 million a year to run public transport (I presume that's just in Auckland) and it needs even more money to continue a "decent level of services".

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/auckla...CKYGSW67VXMZA/

Seems to me that there always be a core of people who will use public transport - for convenience, for idealogical reasons, whatever. But I personally think that increasing that number is going to continue to be a challenge without either (a) substantial improvements in the infrastructure, or (b) REALLY substantial disincentives to using your own car. And there doesn't seem to be the funding, or the political willpower, for either.
    Last edited by oldtech; 26-05-2022 at 08:28 AM.

Guru

With RAK paying out no DIV and keeping all the GOLD from a high performance year this OLD BANGERS second hand car sales yard dealer is looking like a pretty good investment...

Beagles always a long way ahead of the Hunt. Isnt this also one of MR P FAV? or was at some point although HGH has continued to out perform which is a surprise as traditional banking services are under huge technology pressures.

OldTech pretty much sums it up...Bangers are in...

Lets face it this company is one step away from a scrap metal dealer... They make money dont they? Lot of scrap metal out there in the world at the moment.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 26-05-2022 at 09:09 AM.

"scrap metal dealer"

Waltzing, please stop putting rum in your morning coffee.. lol

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    "scrap metal dealer"

Waltzing, please stop putting rum in your morning coffee.. lol
    LOL, yes

Alternatively, start putting some coffee in your morning rum

Guru

well with all the bad news out there TRA is certainly Banging along isnt it?

Mr B certainly knows how to find them...

He has a nose for performance almost like no other...

Funny how old cars is out performing new apartments and care suites...

Are you suggesting there is something technical about this company?

It designed MOBILE EYE in secret ? Musk is going to make a take over offer?

Scrap metal is big business...

Ive got RAK and TRA mixed up...

Ok its going into flying cars....

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/tech/...tewart-vpx.cnn

They approached suzanne-paul as brand ambassador but she realised it wasnt going to pay for her hoped for trips to international fashion shows...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...upport-for-naz

This company is a MR B BBB+ and hes done it again!

Its seen the light and its going to moving its HQ to Hamilton and farther reduce overheads....
    Last edited by Waltzing; 26-05-2022 at 10:54 AM.

IMO

Percy is the one that deserves full credit.
    Mr B's ego is big enough,please don't feed it.

Guru

Yes though it was MR P also he made an amazing investment in the then basket case of PGC and that was either blind faith or sheer brilliance...

Must have had a good knowledge of the performance potential of the management team.

and we noticed and took a closer look and punted...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 26-05-2022 at 11:24 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Percy is the one that deserves full credit.
    Mr B's ego is big enough,please don't feed it.
    Yes and according to Mr B this was the biggest dog on the planet a couple of yrs ago, Percy stayed staunch like he has with other stocks he owns.

Guru

Yes they are going to expand into new horizon's and really there is no place this company cant go!!!

Into the wild blue yonder and beyond!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P2WRF3Znsw

Advanced Member

Last edited by Muse; 15-03-2023 at 11:57 PM. Reason: for updating l8er