sharetrader
Page 529 of 840 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579629 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 8393

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Both Craigs and FNZC cover Turners.
    As you point out FNZC can't give target price etc as they are advising TRA in regards to Oxford Finance.
    Some comments from both;
    "with growth in the contributions from Auto retail and Finance the main drivers."
    "solid underlying earnings growth is expected over the next two years".
    Brokers always say that ....but that solid growth not reflected in the ‘forecasts’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Brokers always say that ....but that solid growth not reflected in the ‘forecasts’
    Perhaps if you read their research you would get a "fuller picture".
    Last edited by percy; 05-06-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Just as well Turners don’t sell new cars .....and hopefully punters who need a ‘new’ car are buying decent used cars

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...-continueshtml

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just as well Turners don’t sell new cars .....and hopefully punters who need a ‘new’ car are buying decent used cars

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...-continueshtml
    I think that's a VERY stark illustration of how the economy is cooling and many consumers are deferring expensive replacement decisions of many different types.
    We have the now, well known problem of used campervans not selling and as someone who is taking more than a passing interest in boats at present I can see that very very few boats of any decent value have been selling on Trade Me. Fortunately TRA's one saving grace is most of their customers are not making a discretionary purchase and their previous clapped out ride needs to be replaced with another heavily used one.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-06-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I hope that Turners raving on how ‘big data’ is going to transform their business is not just a case of jumping on the band wagon and saying the right things.

For such a strategy to be successful a cultural change is required within the company. Even with the data and analytics they already have they have seemed pretty slow in identifying problems / issues ...but I suppose you’ve got to start somewhere.

"Cartopia" or some similar phrase a few years ago was supposed to be the way to incredible online growth in sales using big data and overseas based analytics'....I think they ran into a tiny wee problem called Trade Me. They've been playing with that "Buzzwords app", its as simple as that.

Bottom line is 90%+ of vehicles are listed on Trade Me and more and more people are cutting dealers margins out of the loop using Trade Me who now have a tie-up with Motor Trade Finance for online finance.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-06-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Turners have got trademe covered with plenty of its cars for sale on there.

One way of looking at it, another is Trade Me have Turners covered with more than 90% of the total vehicle market place on its site.
    Everyone I know that's looking for a vehicle starts by looking on Trade Me and many dealers use indicative asking prices on there as a point of reference because of the depth of the market. Turners will always be a minnow compared to the online market place that is Trade Me and that's part of their problem going forward in my opinion, not that they will ever admit to it in one of their presentations...
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-06-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/335717

Director throwing $40k at more TRA shares.
    Must be undervalued big time
    We know it should be worth north of $3
    At least that's what the directors say

percy

Yes Turners have used Trade Me, and other chanels, to become the biggest used vehicle and machinery retailer in NZ.
    I except they will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.