sharetrader
Page 751 of 840 FirstFirst ... 251651701741747748749750751752753754755761801 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,510 of 8393

Turners Nelson is now open. Yippee

Quote Originally Posted by Louloubell View Post
    Turners Nelson is now open. Yippee
    Good deals?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Michael Hill has done alright in Aus, W69. Lots and lots of kiwi businesses have gone over there and failed miserably
    Maybe the best case is MFT?

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    Maybe the best case is MFT?
    Don't forget MPG - still hold back by their Australian adventure (sure, the rest is not that flash either). Both WHS and FBU lost lots of money in Australia .... and our cyclical poster child AIR nearly got broke (only saved by the NZ tax payer) thanks to investing into Australia. And than there was Pumpkin Patch, but I am sure there are more sorry stories.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Don't forget MPG - still hold back by their Australian adventure (sure, the rest is not that flash either). Both WHS and FBU lost lots of money in Australia .... and our cyclical poster child AIR nearly got broke (only saved by the NZ tax payer) thanks to investing into Australia. And than there was Pumpkin Patch, but I am sure there are more sorry stories.
    AIR probably best example. Telecom lost heaps.

Some do well. MFT, EBO, RYM going ok, FRE, ATM, SKY?. MHJ the best lol

Anyways, back to TRA. Hope they never expand into Aussie, well hope no time soon. Plenty more expansion to do here
    Last edited by Rawz; 09-08-2022 at 04:01 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Luckily TRA is quite happy just staying in nz for now. Lots of good times ahead, but they may see some struggles this year as interest rates climb

Advanced Member

Percy was already kind enough to post this on the 17th July 😊. Thanks anyway for the post

Hehe missed that one. I actually didn't read date on that story. Old news

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Old mate View Post
    Hehe missed that one. I actually didn't read date on that story. Old news
    It might appear to be old news, but for a quarterly reporter and dividend payer it's not all that old, only a few weeks until next reporting and we'll all see whether the article is correct and volumes and/or revenues are down. I suspect it'll be bad for the wider used car industry but not so much for Turners who tend to attract the go-to buyers when the economy is fecked. Lots of people still need to change their cars regardless of economic circumstances, they'll go to the best deal, and Turners are great deal makers. I'm more interested in how the subscription service is going, whether it's material to the company results yet or when it will be, surely this is the time when subs cars should shine. Eat some rentals company's lunch, so to speak.