sharetrader
Page 644 of 840 FirstFirst ... 144544594634640641642643644645646647648654694744 ... LastLast
Results 6,431 to 6,440 of 8391
    Advanced Member

Is there a replay of the Zoom webcast available anywhere?

finding resistance at these levels after good gains in the last six months and returning to pre-covid levels.
    note this level was initial support back in early and mid 2018 until it succumbed and broke down at the end of that year.
    declining volumes a negative also.
    Attachment 12114
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    finding resistance at these levels after good gains in the last six months and returning to pre-covid levels.
    note this level was initial support back in early and mid 2018 until it succumbed and broke down at the end of that year.
    Attachment 12114
    Baker and his mates were always on about how the share price should be over 3 bucks

Maybe they were right ...eventually

[SIZE=1PS .....chart shape a bit like HLG [/SIZE]
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Attachment 12114
    I would be ignoring technical analysis for dividend stocks in the new long term near-zero interest rate environment. It's a whole new ball game now. And with companies like TRA which have both high dividend and growth I wouldn't be touching TA with the proverbial 10 foot barge pole.

... have power to make you great

Attachment 12114
    Notice there was an uptrend during 2019 that got covided... am looking forward to a healthy pre Xmas dividend.... a low share price of 1.20 earlier in the year, what were investors thinking??
    Last edited by Habits; 25-11-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Notice there was an uptrend during 2019 that got covided... am looking forward to a healthy pre Xmas dividend.... a low share price of 1.20 earlier in the year, what were investors thinking??

Thinks Turners is ex Div in mid-January. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Notice there was an uptrend during 2019 that got covided...
    Kind of looks corrective to me mate sorry..... i.e its a temporary uptrend in defiance of the main trend (down) .

I do hold though so am hoping we are now impulsive (opposite of corrective) , it does look that way more now if my eye can judge these things.

in March when the share price touched $1.13 we were in the midst of a global crash in share prices, and many commentators were suggesting that the crash was going to continue. You could have bought almost anything about that date and done well, but hindsight is easy and the response by governments, and subsequent impacts on markets weren't obvious.

My favourite share of comparison is SKL, mostly cos a mate told me to put $10k into it at $1.60, he bought quite a lot more than he recommended that i invest, and got it at $1.53. I bought nil due to a distrust of some of his theory. Yeah. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    I would be ignoring technical analysis for dividend stocks in the new long term near-zero interest rate environment. It's a whole new ball game now. And with companies like TRA which have both high dividend and growth I wouldn't be touching TA with the proverbial 10 foot barge pole.
    TA is just one investment tool which can help you to identify trends and trend changes. It can't predict unforeseeable events (nothing can :, but it can help you to see and understand what the market is seeing at a certain point in time. In parts it provides as well self full filling prophecies given that other investors are using this tool as well and coming to the same conclusions.

Any tool able to predict the future with a likelihood better than random is useful, even if this said tool is part of the causes for the future development.

I don't see how a low interest rate environment would change the usefulness of TA ... it is just one of the factors the market will consider when pricing a share.

Up to you whether you choose to use this tool or whether you prefer to fly blind ... but no reason to rubbish it.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 26-11-2020 at 08:37 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I don't see how a low interest rate environment would change the usefulness of TA ... it is just one of the factors the market will consider when pricing a share.

Up to you whether you choose to use this tool or whether you prefer to fly blind ... but no reason to rubbish it.
    New posters on this site dont know excrement.