sharetrader
Page 646 of 840 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656696746 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 8391
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    I've been investing as a full time profession for 15 years - in my experience Fundamental Analysis is the only guarantee of success, and I have seen people relying on TA been made fools of over and over again.
    It seems that after 15 years you still have a lot you could learn if you were open minded and willing.

I say this has someone who has seen more than any Snow Leopard should have in one lifetime, and is still gaining knowledge.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    I've been investing as a full time profession for 15 years - in my experience Fundamental Analysis is the only guarantee of success, and I have seen people relying on TA been made fools of over and over again.
    still showing your ignorance (or maybe you're just a bit loose in what you write I dunno ) There are no guarantees ! FA included - just keep buying that deep value - refer Phaedrus thread

And the thing is with TA is that you know when you are wrong. and then you're out. So yes the market makes fools of us all at times. Thats why we have portfolio's and risk/reward ratio's (esp for forex ) etc etc.

So I think what this forum seems to have no disagreement with is that a combination of the two can work pretty well. But after 15 years if you dont think the price action is telling you anything then hey who am I to tell you otherwise.

( And in any case TA is multi-faceted and I hate it being genericised )
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

TA a very valuable tool. Ignore it at your peril I reckon and speaking of this I see a nice uptrend has developed confirming my fundamental analysis that the tide has turned and is coming in for Turners for the foreseeable future.
    When TA and FA really line up I get GA (greedy as), because there's almost always decent share price appreciation that follows.

Hey Winner - Directors always thought the shares were worth around $3.20 - $3.50 and it would appear they are right...just got their timing wrong by a few years eh
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-12-2020 at 12:24 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

The latest Retail NZ Sales Index, shows that spending through November remained strong, and that total spending since March is now ahead of last year.
    “The Retail NZ Sales Index for November reports that spending through the month was around 25.7 per cent higher than last year, and that total spending since March is now 3.4 per cent higher than for the same nine months last year,”

Also Geneva sees a car sales increase:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/123...s-expectations

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    TA a very valuable tool. Ignore it at your peril I reckon and speaking of this I see a nice uptrend has developed confirming my fundamental analysis that the tide has turned and is coming in for Turners for the foreseeable future.
    When TA and FA really line up I get GA (greedy as), because there's almost always decent share price appreciation that follow
    Hi Beagle,
    I agree and I find TA confirms my gut feel but is just one thing to look at. And is so easy now through yahoo finance, in the 80s I remember plotting charts by hand lol

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Hi Beagle,
    I agree and I find TA confirms my gut feel but is just one thing to look at. And is so easy now through yahoo finance, in the 80s I remember plotting charts by hand lol
    I did too.30 day moving average was hard to work out so I did Friday's close as being 5 days average, then ten weeks gave me 50 day moving average,which made things easier.Did my charts every Saturday morning.Would never have managed an EMA.
    Trouble was too often getting false signals because of low volume of trades.
    I think today with so many more people following TA, it has become more self fullfilling.

Does TA give any indication the share price is going to get back to $3.80 .... like it was back in early 2017

Jeez, that's a long long time ago and recent punters would say unbelievable
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I did too.30 day moving average was hard to work out so I did Friday's close as being 5 days average, then ten weeks gave me 50 day moving average,which made things easier.Did my charts every Saturday morning.Would never have managed an EMA.
    Trouble was too often getting false signals because of low volume of trades.
    I think today with so many more people following TA, it has become more self fullfilling.
    Try this percy, hopefully it works, a TRA Yahoo chart with the 30 and 50 EMA's.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Does TA give any indication the share price is going to get back to $3.80 .... like it was back in early 2017

Jeez, that's a long long time ago and recent punters would say unbelievable
    The strong uptrend is encouraging though it's right on technical resistance now, so to answer the question, if it breaks up here then the journey to previous glory continues, until it doesn't. Ride the winners until they aren't.