sharetrader
Page 468 of 840 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 8391
    IMO

Great stuff, next time i snoop around the local Turners i may slap some stickers on all the cars in the back two rows

FREE THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE WITH EACH PURCHASE

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good to see them getting out and promoting themselves to prospective investors

Need all the help we can get in these dire times

Hopefully enough enthusiasm shown to get punters to buy big ...should be in everybody’s portfolio ,,,$2,50 next week

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...936/296734.pdf
    Alarm bells;

"emerging company" (been around for a while now!
    "Forsyth BArr" (kiss of death)

Hopefully enough enthusiasm shown to get punters to buy big ...should be in everybody’s portfolio ,,,$2,50 next week

Margins under pressure and loan delinquencies from higher risk loans worse than expected. Both these things are matters I fully expected and are probably already priced into the current share price but we live in interesting times so only time will tell.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

I like the quote on page 5 "Experienced management team with oversight from professional and engaged Board of Directors"

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I like the quote on page 5 "Experienced management team with oversight from professional and engaged Board of Directors"

...and they said they operate in Australia
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The graph on slide 7 is telling - a highly cyclical market (low annual overseas regos are 50% of peak) and we are just moving down from the peak in 2017 ... that's still a long way to come down.

TRAsnip..PNG

And yes, I think they follow a good strategy supported by an unfortuntately not fully committed board. I don't see them crashing into the ground, but I would expect revenues and earnings to dip for some years to come. Will they be able to maintain the amazing dividends? Who knows?

No doubt, though - they might come out stronger at the other end of the dip ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 14-03-2019 at 10:03 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

BlackPeter ..

The graph on slide 7 is telling - a highly cyclical market (low annual overseas regos are 50% of peak) and we are just moving down from the peak in 2017 ... that's still a long way to come down.

I though exactly the same thing ....hmm
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Percy wanted you all to see this from another forum

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-...ectid=12211523

Absolutely amazing success story ...percy can fill you in on the details
    Thanks W69.
    I am sure Ress Daley is no relation to that great motor trade dealer one "Arthur" Daley out of Minder.!!..lol.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Margins under pressure and loan delinquencies from higher risk loans worse than expected. Both these things are matters I fully expected and are probably already priced into the current share price but we live in interesting times so only time will tell.
    The cause we know was MTF non-recourse loans.
    Turners tightened their lending criteria [april last year],so we should see these MTF loan impairments reducing.
    Car sales margins will remainunder pressure until BuyRight Cars old stock is completely cleared.
    Maybe we will see tighter margins on car sales in future,however finance,insurance,end of life logistics, and property development margins should remain sound.
    Last edited by percy; 14-03-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Alarm bells;

"emerging company" (been around for a while now!
    "Forsyth BArr" (kiss of death)

Interesting that with only 17 days left to go to year end, TRA is not prepared or able to give a trading update?

Also, while the presentation slides of the half year results (Nov 2018) and the Forsake (Oops - Forbar) are substantially the same, there is one very interesting (and telling?) difference :

1. Slide 4 of HY19 http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...417/291312.pdf

"Expecting consolidation in the used car industry'

Now turns to Slide 7 http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...936/296734.pdf

Now "Correction / consolidation occurring in the dealer markets which is good for Turners med/long term"

Good med/long term?????

Clearly, TRA is being impacted short term then!

And why should TRA expect to be a beneficiary when barriers to entry in the used car industry is so low?
    Last edited by Balance; 14-03-2019 at 12:38 PM.