sharetrader
Page 531 of 840 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581631 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,310 of 8391
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don’t ignore everybody percy ....otherwise in your eyes you’ll be the only one on the thread ...unless Todd posts something again.
    Remember he who laughs last laughs longest.

I tried to block winner69 ......not allowed to block yourself
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Don’t ignore everybody percy ....otherwise in your eyes you’ll be the only one on the thread ...unless Todd posts something again.
    Just the usual suspects.
    I think they have gone over to the darkside.
    Best to leave them to play with themselves.
    Could say they deserve each other.....lol.
    Last edited by percy; 12-06-2019 at 03:26 PM.

percy

Pity.............................................. lol.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Nice to have a bit of humour back on this post, thanks Winner

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Mentality, I have you all on ignore.

Share price forming some nasty pattern called a downtrend . But remember that all good downtrends come to an uptrend
    However the dividend yield is already in an uptrend .

I am fairly confident I predicted all this in a prior post (this one) but feel free to ignore me too.

om mani peme hum

percy

I think the importance of dividends is too often overlooked by people concentating on the share price of companies.
    For example if you had invested US $40 into a single share of Coca Cola in 1919 during the IPO ,your investment would be worth US $394,350 today,and if you had reinvested dividends,your investment would be worth US $9.8 million.
    Last edited by percy; 13-06-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think the importance of dividends is too often overlooked by people concentating on the share price of companies.
    For example if you had invested US $40 into a single share of Coca Cola in 1919 during the IPO ,your investment would be worth US $394,350 today,and if you had reinvested dividends,your investment would be worth US $9.8 million.
    Dividends sure can make a difference - enhance your wealth and mitigate your losses.

For example if you had bought 1,000 Turners shares two years ago they would have cost you $3,720. Today they are worth $2,360

If you had reinvested the dividends you’d have 1,113 shares now worth $2,626

So less worse off by reinvesting the dividends

Percy, do you reinvest your Turners divies buy buying more Turners shares

think my numbers are right ...maybe not as using yahoo data and a calculator on the phone
    Last edited by winner69; 13-06-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Dividends sure can make a difference - enhance your wealth and mitigate your losses.

For example if you had bought 1,000 Turners shares two years ago they would have cost you $3,720. Today they are worth $2,360

If you had reinvested the dividends you’d have 1,113 shares now worth $2,626

So less worse off by reinvesting the dividends

Percy, do you reinvest your Turners divies buy buying more Turners shares

think my numbers are right ...maybe not as using yahoo data and a calculator on the phone
    I confess I used to use them to buy more PAZ as well.In fact my PAZ shares have increased in value, to more than my TRA shareholding,ie 10 cps on millions of shares.
    Not sure what I will do with the 18th July TRA divie.
    However, I am considering buying a few more TRA, just to take my holding up to an even amount, before they go ex divie on 8th July.
    Be 7,944 , should I go ahead.

ps.Had DRP with EBO for over 25 years.
    Last edited by percy; 13-06-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    You are absolutely right.

Say somebody purchased some TRA shares in May 2017 for $ 3.97, than he would have lost (given today's SP of $ $2.36) $1.61 per share - or 40.5% of his/ her capital. Given that we talk a 2 year timeframe, this would be a loss of 18.5% per year.

However - given that Turners paid during this time a juicy dividend (a total of 32 cents per share) any proud TRA shareholder would have lost only $1.29 per share (or 32.5 % over two years) which would have come down to a much less hurting loss of only 15% per year.

The dividends make a real difference indeed!

I don't dare to extrapolate this calculation to 2117 ... but I hope that there might be better ways to make money - or at least more fun ways to lose it ;

PS: I know - the chosen 2 year time frame is not flattering for TRA, but it is hard to find time windows (ending today) which are. The only sort of ok-ish proposition would have been for somebody buying 3 months ago at this local dip around $2.20 and riding the dead cat bounce over the last 3 months, but I suppose the traders left again.

PPS: percy, I wish you well, but it sort of feels you are flogging with TRA a dead horse ... time to review, reflect and rebalance? Yes, it used to be a good story, but they changed the story, and I am not sure the numbers ever added up ....

Edit: just noticed winner did beat me to the response (not good to start a post, than do something else, return and not check whether somebody else responded already). Anyway - I will leave it, maybe it adds a bit of colour ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 13-06-2019 at 08:07 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)