sharetrader
Page 557 of 840 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607657 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,570 of 8391
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Some of us even keep them when times are good. Lol
    Good on you....

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Some of us even keep them when times are good. Lol
    Wonder what would have happened to your old relic if you'd got hit by a truck like my wife's car 5 star safety rated car was a few weeks ago ?
    Do you think the thousands of people who got seriously injured on the roads in the last year or the hundreds of those that died thought it would ever happen to them ?
    I can understand that some people can't afford a vehicle with a decent safety rating but those that can very, very easily afford one but are happy to expose themselves and their family and friends to substantial additional risk need to have a look in the mirror and ask themselves, why am I in denial about the extra risk I am exposing my loved one's too ? Am I culpable if one of my family dies or is seriously injured ?

I reckon you can buy a reasonable 5 star safety rated vehicle from Turners for as little as $8K and its great to see that cars without dynamic stability control won't be legally allowed to be imported from next year.

At least the Government has some common sense when some of its wealthiest residents don't !
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-08-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Wonder what would have happened to your old relic if you'd got hit by a truck like my wife's car 5 star safety rated car was a few weeks ago ?
    Well who knows probably the same thing as if something happened while driving the big block at 180k for a brief squirt or falling at 80k whilst hurtling down a ski slope. Lol

I can only speak for myself but I believe it would be very tough to live with yourself if, (with massive amounts of discretionary funds), one choose to put their wife, kids or friends in harms way by choosing a very cheap inferior vehicle when a much better one could have made a big difference. How would you live with yourself if your loved one(s) we killed, injured or maimed for life ?
    What good is your money to you then ?

Nobody wants to hear their loved one has been involved in a serious accident. At least when I did a few weeks ago I had the small comfort of knowing she was in a 5 star safety rated vehicle with very high quality tyres and I had done my best to protect her. She's fine, but it could have been very different and a number of people have remarked to me they are surprised at how moderate the damage is to the vehicle in the circumstances.

Choose a strong 5 star safety rated vehicle for yourself and your loved ones..it doesn't cost much extra and turners sell them pretty cheap so there's no excuses !
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-08-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Do you think the thousands of people who got seriously injured on the roads in the last year or the hundreds of those that died thought it would ever happen to them ?
    I can understand that some people can't afford a vehicle with a decent safety rating but those that can very, very easily afford one but are happy to expose themselves and their family and friends to substantial additional risk need to have a look in the mirror and ask themselves, why am I in denial about the extra risk I am exposing my loved one's too ? Am I culpable if one of my family dies or is seriously injured ?

I reckon you can buy a reasonable 5 star safety rated vehicle from Turners for as little as $8K and its great to see that cars without dynamic stability control won't be legally allowed to be imported from next year.

At least the Government has some common sense when some of its wealthiest residents don't !
    Ask yourself how much common sense the Govt has is this area when they recently dropped the safety rating rego pricing so now my old Suzuki has the same rego cost as my wife's 5 star rated car, doesnt sound like a lot of common sense does it? PS-Only I drive in the Suzuki and my wife is the speed limiter on the big block but still gotta be happy when your wife doesnt mind the odd burst to around 180k and she even likes the smell of burning rubber.

does this PSA actually have anything to do with Turners?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Presumably Turners sell the odd PSA motor [ https://www.groupe-psa.com/en/ ]

Otherwise NO
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Yes as there is the change I mentioned earlier. All cars imported second hand from next year must have dynamic stability control as standard kit.
    No DSC, you can't import them and that's going to change the dynamics of the second hand car industry as it will stop unscrupulous dealers importing very cheap unsafe cars as masquerading them as "quality" fresh imports.
    Sometimes nanny state does know best. https://www.ancap.com.au/safety-ratings-explained

Unfortunately some people who simply don't care will rush to buy one of the remaining cheap second hand imports before these regulations come into effect and save themselves a few bucks before prices go up due to the minimum new standard next year.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-08-2019 at 10:45 AM.

that's going to change the dynamics of the second hand car industry as it will stop unscrupulous dealers importing very cheap unsafe cars as masquerading them as "quality" fresh imports.
    so its good for Turners as I assume they are scrupulous.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

IMO

Most trustworthy used car dealer in New Zealand 45% Other 21% 2 Cheap cars 8% Buy Right cars 4% Enterprise motors 3% etc
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 19-08-2019 at 02:34 PM.