sharetrader
Page 647 of 840 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650651657697747 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 8391
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Try this percy, hopefully it works, a TRA Yahoo chart with the 30 and 50 EMA's.
    We did not have Yahoo in the 80s or 90s.
    Yes I use Yahoo charts.Fantastic with all the indicators too.
    So simple that is why so many people use it, and why I said TA is often becoming self full filling.
    Works great until it does not work. The best chart was the chart showing the growth rate of a turkey being fattened up for thanksgiving.
    Yes you are right, a fabulous uptrend until the turkey had his head removed.So some times when putting your faith in TA it pays to make sure you too are not a turkey..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 02-12-2020 at 06:57 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    We did not have Yahoo in the 80s or 90s.
    Yes I use Yahoo charts.Fantastic with all the indicators too.
    So simple that is why so many people use it, and why I said TA is often becoming self full filling.
    Works great until it does not work. The best chart was the chart showing the growth rate of a turkey being fattened up for thanksgiving.
    Yes you are right, a fabulous uptrend until the turkey had his head removed.So some times when putting your faith in TA it pays to make sure you too are not a turkey..lol.
    So true, only a Turkey would continue to hold if it plunged below those two MA. TRA is a volatile share, best to treat as a momentum position, ride the upside and avoid the downside. Imo of course.

Glth
    BAA

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    So true, only a Turkey would continue to hold if it plunged below those two MA. TRA is a volatile share, best to treat as a momentum position, ride the upside and avoid the downside. Imo of course.

Glth
    BAA
    I do not really have an opinion on Turners at present,other than to say directors/management ,with such large holdings, have managed the business through Covid 19 extremely well.No stock right downs, and impairments minimal.
    I think the market would welcome them repaying the Govt hand outs.Would certainly add value to their trusted brand name.
    Hopefully I will be in a position to buy back into Turners early to mid next year,depending on how the daughter's house buying goes.
    Last edited by percy; 02-12-2020 at 07:59 PM.

Has been quietly building momentum and I have been quietly building a bigger position. Very strong tailwinds in this sector. Gross yield of 8% and still trades cum dividend.
    What's the point of having cash in the bank at less than 1% ?
    Fundamentally this looks very sound and the chart looks highly attractive too.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Has been quietly building momentum and I have been quietly building a bigger position. Very strong tailwinds in this sector. Gross yield of 8% and still trades cum dividend.
    What's the point of having cash in the bank at less than 1% ?
    Fundamentally this looks very sound and the chart looks highly attractive too.
    Like Turners, have a bunch, suspect most of the uptrend is in anticipation of the quarterly divvy in Mid Jan, but the sales momentum certainly helps...
    Thanks Percy for suggesting Turners as such a great investment.
    Last edited by Davexl; 18-12-2020 at 01:27 PM.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    Like Turners, have a bunch, suspect most of the uptrend is in anticipation of the quarterly divvy in Mid Jan, but the sales momentum certainly helps...
    Thanks Percy for suggesting Turners as such a great investment.
    Yes, and nice finish for the week at 3.01, it’s been long time between drinks and a 3 handle.

Quote Originally Posted by toddhunter View Post
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Hi Beagle, thanks for the kudos...I appreciate that. I hope the comments I make from time to time are helpful and provide insight. Well done on your share purchase too. Answers to your questions below...

1. Short answer is yes...we didn't stockpile non ESC cars, but vehicle prices have definitely gone up. There have been two large impacts on supply this year....

a) the ESC change which has reduced the pool of available cars that could be imported into NZ.
    b) Covid and the impact on new car supply chain which had an impact not just locally but also in Japan and the number of cars available in the auctions over there.

2. Prices for used cars have risen steadily from late May. At this stage, the effect of supply disruption i.e. the new car supply chain interruptions + ESC change mentioned above are more material effects than any shift in demand caused by substitution of public transport with private vehicles.

3. Yes I do. I think this business always goes slightly better in a centre-left government due to the level of support/stimulus that comes with Labour. Beneficiaries are not really our target market but middle NZ families do benefit as well. Most of our customers who have mortgages will have or about to get substantial decreases in their mortgage payments, no overseas travel etc, and the unemployment rate has not peaked like the economists thought it would. We feel confident we will continue to prosper. In regard to the minimum wage it will be an immaterial impact as we have a small number of people on the team at this sort of level.

Thanks
    Todd
    A reminder that Todd posted this on 23 October 2020. Good to see a $3 handle. Could easily be headed to $3.50 in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Reasonable sized orders going through today.

Whoopee - a pay rise likely later this year

And hopefully such a big increase in guidance will make shareprice rocket to new highs soon

Profit upgraded from about $30m to about $35m ---- that's huge and $35m will be a record result (I think)

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...363/338954.pdf
    Last edited by winner69; 19-01-2021 at 08:17 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Whoopee - a pay rise likely later this year

And hopefully such a big increase in guidance will make shareprice rocket to new highs soon

Profit upgraded from about $30m to about $35m ---- that's huge and $35m will be a record result (I think)

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...363/338954.pdf
    One of the unsung heroes of NZX this one. Might see sp with 4 handle by end of this year and if balance sheet is strong they may pay out bit more in divvies. That'll get yield chasers pretty excited.