sharetrader
Page 323 of 840 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373423823 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 8391

If wanting something to read here’s a good management treatise on how car dealers win in the future (in the US anyway)

Turners might be better bet over time than Colonial ......best ecosystem wins

https://www.bcg.com/publications/201...203&redir=true
    Last edited by winner69; 14-10-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Turners are already "well positioned",with two trusted brands,Turners and BuyRight Cars,offering online cars, finance, together with insurance,autosure ,and service..
    Last edited by percy; 14-10-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Turners are already "well positioned",with two trusted brands,Turners and BuyRight Cars,offering online cars, finance, together with insurance,autosure ,and service..
    ....yes indeed, a winning ecosystem

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

How long before Turners look at picking up the franchise for one of the Chinese car brands?

5 years?

Snoopy, many different ways to skin a cat but I've probably speculated more than enough already on the matter.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Good news that is

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good news that is
    Certainly is coming after Turners "best ever retail volume month".
    Confident for the coming summer too.
    So am I.

Interesting situation for some dealers though with SME business confidence hitting new 10 year lows according to the ANZ bank economist today.
    Corporate Cars parallel imported 3 x new Audi A8's ($109K each) and 2 x new Audi A7's, ($115k each), (both brand new models just been released and the new model Audi A8 recently won World Luxury Car of the year for 2018) and the new model A7 not even released here yet. All 5 brand new parallel imported cars have remained unsold for many months now despite being priced at tens of thousands each less than through official distribution channels. Just imagine their floor plan finance costs I was slightly tempted but have pulled my head in with the recent share market correction and I'll bet I'm not the only one. Interesting situation developing though and I agree that with the lower $Kiwi, as David Vinsen, (who is well known in the industry to be a good honest trader with a well earned reputation over several decades) suggested, prices must eventually go up and perhaps by as much as the 10-15% he suggested. I think with the currency where it is there is a bit of a tailwind to second hand car values at the lower end of the market. Higher end will struggle as people remain reluctant to commit in uncertain times, unless they have too.

Agreed, Good news about Turners value end of the market. Record month and I am pretty sure they commented at the annual meeting that August was very strong so two really strong months in a row. Is this pup finally starting to bark and if so when will the SP show some life ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-10-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Corporate Cars parallel imported 3 x new Audi A8's ($109K each) and 2 x new Audi A7's, ($115k each), (both brand new models just been released and the new model Audi A8 recently won World Luxury Car of the year for 2018) and the new model A7 not even released here yet. All 5 brand new parallel imported cars have remained unsold for many months now despite being priced at tens of thousands each less than through official distribution channels.
    I have an interesting tale about a luxury car from the German bug group of brands parallel imported. The dude took it to an authorised dealer in NZ to get serviced. The NZ dealer got bent and twisted about it, took the ID information from the car and grizzled to Wolfsberg who used it to trace the overseas dealer who sold the car.

The overseas dealer got the "ziss is not permitted" speech and was fined his dealer margin.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS. I agree the A8 is a damned nice car. My worry would be Vee Dub have a reputation for "don't care not going to fix it" attitudes towards warranty problems.
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 18-10-2018 at 03:08 AM. Reason: punctuation
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.