sharetrader
Page 433 of 840 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 8393

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Insiders selling ........hmmmm

Sell oeder still incomplete?

As they say buy when directors buy so is it sell when directors sell.
    How do you tell winner that the sell order is incomplete?

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    How do you tell winner that the sell order is incomplete?
    Don’t know but a good question

Just seems when somebody of his standing and means and who owns zillions of shares sells a paltry 30,000 of them

Maybe the rumour about a new Holden is true ...hope he gets through Turners as that gives him a guarantee I’m told.
    Last edited by winner69; 27-02-2019 at 01:49 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Jeez it it hits BlackPeter’s stop loss there will be carnage
    I'ev got a bit fuehr to go before mine is hit. Which will be disappointing. Bought / sold my first lot last year and took the loss. If this is the second it will be the last.

Don’t know but a good question

Just seems when somebody of his standing and means and who owns zillions of shares sells a paltry 30,000 of them

Maybe the rumour about a new Holden is true ...hope he gets through Turners as thatbgives him a guarantee I’m told.

Not a stock I follow - happy to leave the Baker boys to this one - after escaping with nice gains in Trilogy which would now be a disaster!

However, thought I would ask around after noting the burst of comments on the ever declining share price.

May or may not be useful information - a car dealer told me this morning that the used car industry is under huge margin pressures.

Far too many players (NZ has the most relaxed used car import regime in the world bar none) in the industry and new car prices have also been dropping in response to the competitive conditions.

TRA is exposed to this market in more ways than one obviously but Right Cars division is mentioned by this car dealer as one with severe aged inventory needing to be marked down.

He said Right Cars had bought a lot of very high mileage stock which allowed the previous owners to make huge profits. Turners is still grappling with the problem.

Read into it what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    A sign he has totally lost faith in the sell down strategy and the ability of the co. to turn this ship away from the rocks.

Seems to me now not a matter of if Stop loss will be hit, but when.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Not a stock I follow - happy to leave the Baker boys to this one - after escaping with nice gains in Trilogy which would now be a disaster!

However, thought I would ask around after noting the burst of comments on the ever declining share price.

May or may not be useful information - a car dealer told me this morning that the used car industry is under huge margin pressures.

Far too many players (NZ has the most relaxed used car import regime in the world bar none) in the industry and new car prices have also been dropping in response to the competitive conditions.

TRA is exposed to this market in more ways than one obviously but Right Cars division is mentioned by this car dealer as one with severe aged inventory needing to be marked down.

He said Right Cars had bought a lot of very high mileage stock which allowed the previous owners to make huge profits. Turners is still grappling with the problem.

Thanks Balance.
    Your friend confirms what I have heard,tough market with small players closing shop.
    Turners have acknowledged and been up front with the BuyRight Cars old stock issue,and infact they adjusted the final buyout price considerably because of it.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    A sign he has totally lost faith in the sell down strategy and the ability of the co. to turn this ship away from the rocks.

Seems to me now not a matter of if Stop loss will be hit, but when.
    You better be quick and sell.Remember W69 is a big seller at $1.60.
    Perhaps that is Beagle on the buy side waiting at $1.60.?

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'ev got a bit fuehr to go before mine is hit. Which will be disappointing. Bought / sold my first lot last year and took the loss. If this is the second it will be the last.
    Third time you might be lucky
    Last edited by winner69; 27-02-2019 at 01:53 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Lines up with I have heard from industry participants. I expect manufactures will be looking to introduce even greater incentives in 2019 as new vehicle sales slow. Some manufactures in the US for example currently offering interest free finance for 7 years ! If you can buy a small new fuel efficient car like a Suzuki Swift on similar on multi year interest free terms for $20K why would you bother with some old clanger that requires heaps more fuel and maintenance for $15K which when you finance with full interest costs means you're paying more money left, right and centre…

Interesting that the deputy chair is selling despite being entitled to receive over $500K per annum in dividends on his holding. Really begs the question of what is going on inside the company in my mind.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-02-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    You better be quick and sell.Remember W69 is a big seller at $1.60.
    Perhaps that is Beagle on the buy side waiting at $1.60.?
    Lucky I'm in the position of not being able to sell unless I wanted to do a Milford and give them away but then they are playing with other people's money so no real skin in the game.