sharetrader
Page 404 of 840 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 8391
    percy

Wonder whether Lime pay ACC fees.?

PS.My Granddaughter has her own personal "charity" Uber..................................me.!!!...lol .

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Wonder whether Lime pay ACC fees.?
    Of course they do, but only ACC Company Levies, like all companies. Not what you may be implying(?) that they should be paying more for renting dangerous scooters to reckless people. They just like any other car or motorcycle rental company, they pay no more ACC levies for the fact that the thing they rent could cause serious harm when the renter gets it wrong and is harmed. They may have boosted Professional Indemnity and Directors Liability insurance though, to cover the inevitable suits that will/are coming, but no .. nothing compels them to boost the ACC coffers.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Of course they do, but only ACC Company Levies, like all companies. Not what you may be implying(?) that they should be paying more for renting dangerous scooters to reckless people. They just like any other car or motorcycle rental company, they pay no more ACC levies for the fact that the thing they rent could cause serious harm when the renter gets it wrong and is harmed. They may have boosted Professional Indemnity and Directors Liability insurance though, to cover the inevitable suits that will/are coming, but no .. nothing compels them to boost the ACC coffers.
    Thanks.................................
    I expect their fees are a lot higher than booksellers.!

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    You Old Limers haven't looked into the cost yet have you? https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mon...me-escootering. Once the novelty wears off and the weather gets worse, the costs will put off a lot of people. Or so my <20's kids are telling me. Uber, that's their favourite go to transport. Or train, or bus in the city. Fancy Lime Scooters being more expensive than all of them.

Not sure what this has to do with TRA.

Limes are a bit too expensive for now but I'm sure future competition will sort that out. I love riding them and am looking to get my own scooter in the near future. The convenience of being able to leave them wherever however is awesome.

I'll still keep my old second car around for now. Auckland is a large city and I think most people will find a car is still necessary.

percy

I wonder whether the independence and mobility of riding Lime scooters will in fact lead to more people buying their own car.

As young man I managed a lot of activity in my Morris Minor, I would have missed out on scooters....lol.
    Last edited by percy; 20-01-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I wonder whether the independence and mobility of riding Lime scooters will in fact lead to more people buying their own car.

As young man I managed a lot of activity in my Morris Minor, I would have missed out on scooters....lol.
    They now have "pods" for people like the young Percy https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=0&ajaxhist=0
    Last edited by iceman; 21-01-2019 at 09:19 AM.

percy

TRA trading ex divie today.
    Pity only 764,068 shares have been brought back,saving just $30,562.72 in dividend payment, for those shares which have now been cancelled.

When is a dividend not really a dividend ? When the SP declines by the dividend amount as expected and now offered at $2.36 which will be a multi year new low when shares start changing hands. Good the company is buying some back and saving some shareholders from losing more capital.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-01-2019 at 09:21 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    When is a dividend not really a dividend ? When the SP declines by the dividend amount as expected and now offered at $2.36 which will be a multi year new low when shares start changing hands. Good the company is buying some back and saving some shareholders from losing more capital.
    Mmh - isn't it quite normal and to be expected for any share that the shareprice initially drops for the amount of the dividend when it goes Ex-dividend? Sure, there are some stocks who recover faster than others, but given that TRA just went Ex I am not quite sure how you can know which one it will be for TRA?

Is there a particular reason you expect TRA buyers and sellers not to consider that the share just went Ex dividend or did you just look for another reason to beat up TRA?

Lets see how the business and share price develops over the coming months and years - shall we?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

FNZC better put a bid on on behalf of TRA as there are currently no bidders.Lol