sharetrader
Page 425 of 840 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435475525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 8393

I'll be pleased when the share buy back ends. The longer it goes on the lower the SP seems to get.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'll be pleased when the share buy back ends. The longer it goes on the lower the SP seems to get.
    Get used to it, as I expect it will be extended..!!.
    Just keep lowering your stoplosses.!.
    Turnaround may happen on 21st March...ie That's the next full moon,otherwise we will need to wait for the following one, due 19th April.
    Last edited by percy; 25-02-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Where would the share price be without the support of the buy-back ? SP action after it finishes might be something interesting to watch.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Yes trying times for all Turners shareholders including directors who have a lot of skin in the game.
    However as we all know NZders love to buy cars [even suspect Holdens]...lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Get used to it, as I expect it will be extended..!!.
    Just keep lowering your stoplosses.!.
    Turnaround may happen on 21st March...ie That's the next full moon,otherwise we will need to wait for the following one, due 19th April.
    ah ooo Werewolves of London.

I suspect Milford are reducing their 4.99% further
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I suspect Milford are reducing their 4.99% further
    Most likely so read into that what you will, doesn't say much to me as they have shown on many occasions that they are not the smart money.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Standard valuation methodologies are used on sunset industries at one's absolute peril !

I believe they mentioned at the annual meeting that they'd changed their lending policies to try and weed down bad loans. IIRC they mentioned they'd changed them 4 times. It all had a rather "experimental" feel to it...you know...trial and error...and more trail and more error and so on...
    Watch for bad and doubtful debts and provisioning for them to be a real feature of FY19 and FY20 reporting along with a much larger retail footprint generating a very similar amount of sales and we all know what that does to profitability.

Personally I feel one is best to be quite conservative at this stage and take an average eps of 26.68 cps, the last 2 years and the next forecast 3 off market screener, forget about all this talk of growth because the only thing growing fast is directors fees and the number of a certain person's posts telling us all is fine and dandy and then start with a no growth PE of 8.5 and take something off for this being a long term sunset industry. I think that gives us around 7.5 - 8.0 x 26.68 = $2.00 - $2.13.

I expect with all the downward momentum it will overshoot on the downside of that in the near term. That's how I see it anyway but I am sure others will see it differently and that's fine. I'm interested once a new uptrend has been proven (minimum indicator is a break back above 30 day MA) but where's the bottom with all the present uncertainty is frankly anyone's guess.

Jeez $2 .....that’s almost half price from last year (needs doubling to get back there)

PEs don’t mean much ....maybe value as a divie stock ....as no growth likely could treat it like a bond. Maybe should price it like a ‘bond’ with an expected 10% pre tax return to compensate for risk (based on performance and even this sunset industry talk)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Most likely so read into that what you will, doesn't say much to me as they have shown on many occasions that they are not the smart money.
    Couta 13.8 % PA over 10 years ,there will be a lot of people on here who would be happy with that .

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12151576

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Couta 13.8 % PA over 10 years ,there will be a lot of people on here who would be happy with that .

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12151576
    For sure but doesn't mean they are the smart money here, I guess time will tell. PS-Im guessing they were too overweight in a highly illiquid stock so decided to reduce.