sharetrader
Page 499 of 840 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 8391
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

That bell-end pattern thingy I was going on about now just looking like a nice uptrend on rising volume.

om mani peme hum

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    That bell-end pattern thingy I was going on about now just looking like a nice uptrend on rising volume.

Proves The Snow Leopard has better eye sight, and is faster off the mark than The Moose......................lol.
    Last edited by percy; 19-04-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    Try SKT for yield. Hold your nose and look under the covers. SKT is not going broke and has a number of Buy recommendations based on value from outfits like MorningStar and FatProphets. SP has declined muchly but there is good value for every animal. SKT still has valuable media rights and good customer base. Hope springs eternal and new CEO might make a difference.
    There are quite a number of better yielding companies than Turners but I think its quite clear SKT earnings are in for ongoing decline which must affect their ability to pay dividends eventually https://www.marketscreener.com/SKY-N...57/financials/
    I think the market update gave us some comfort this week and its good to know that management are working hard on a comprehensive review.
    The move to one brand is definitely a good one and the TV advertisements with Ollie are very good and should be continued.
    I am hoping for a gradual recovery in the share price to the $2.60 - $2.70 over the next year and I think that's realistically achievable.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-04-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by alex f View Post
    I'm completely unimpressed, with the Wellington car yard on the basin reserve. The site is scruffy and half of it is still in gravel.
    The cars are imports and ex lease. Turners makes no effort at all to refurbish the ex lease cars (apart from vacuuming) they are covered in stone chips, scuffs and pin dents. Walk over the road to Honda or Toyota and get a signature class (as new) Toyota for only a liitle bit more. Turners also imports some really odd cars, problematic Europeans and boy racer WRXs. (3 in Wgtn) I see they still have repos in the auctions so I hope they are not from in house finance deals. They had a $120,000 Mercedes coupe repo this week in Wellington
    The sale of lease vehicles is a very steady earner for Turners,who sell on behalf of the lease companies.
    The lease companies dictate the terms,and it is their choice that they are sold,basically as leased.
    ex lease cars are often a good buy as part of the lease aggreement is the vehicle must be regularly serviced by an approved agent.I remember a rep had to get the lease company's approval to buy a replacement tyre.
    Yes Turners sell a lot of imports,as do most used vehicle sales companies.
    I can not comment on the Wellington site,other than it looked good in the photos and is trading above expectations. I also seem to recall it is more of a temporary site,and when it is redevoped, Turners will move their container buildings,and vehicles to another site.
    Last edited by percy; 19-04-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Proves The Snow Leopard has better eye sight, and is faster off the mark than The Moose......................lol.
    We see what we want to see.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Real growth in underlying eps for the year will be something on considerable interest to this hound.
    Hope the other hound is being well fed because he'll need plenty of intellectual horsepower to work it out in due course with such a myriad of entangled extraordinary items to unwind. Would have a go myself but he seems to relish the challenge and someone once said "why bark when you already have a dog" ?
    You and snoops better come up with a convincing ‘normalised’ story

They npbt to be above $32m for F19 ....let’s be kind and say $32.5m (the year has ended and they only fine tuning the numbers and if it was going to be $33m they would have said so eh

Well, that implies second half profit will be 7%/8% LESS than last year (before the huge one off costs)

Things obviously continue to be a bit of soft / challenging side
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

I have often stated there are two areas of concern to me.
    1] Buy Right Cars.
    2] The length of tail for the MTF bad non-recouse loans,.
    Rebrading BuyRight Cars to Turners will fix that problem.
    We do know Turners tightened their lending criteria for MTF and other non-recourse loans in April 2018,so that tail should be getting shorter.
    So I think the result will be messy with one off rights offs, and one off property gains.
    Therefore the outlook statement will be all important.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I have often stated there are two areas of concern to me.
    1] Buy Right Cars.
    2] The length of tail for the MTF bad non-recouse loans,.
    Rebrading BuyRight Cars to Turners will fix that problem.
    We do know Turners tightened their lending criteria for MTF and other non-recourse loans in April 2018,so that tail should be getting shorter.
    So I think the result will be messy with one off rights offs, and one off property gains.
    Therefore the outlook statement will be all important.
    1. Rebranding is a good idea but it does not fix old problem stock.
    2. How long is the tail with those problem non recourse loans ?. I have never once seen any finance company admit to a problem and then the problem being less than first estimated, its is always much worse than first thought, Always !...this image probably best sums things up https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...0&vt=0&eim=1,6
    Both these things will "Dog" sorry couldn't resist, the company well into FY20.
    I suspect the comprehensive review they're undertaking at present is focusing among other things, the complexities of the above two matters.
    No euphoria from this dog, just realism.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-04-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

There is an old saying in business;
    "We appear to have a problem?."
    Once you have said that and know what the problem is ,you are a long way to fixing that problem.
    This is the case with Turners.
    MFT did it with both Australia and Europe.EBO did it with Australia.

’Houston, we have a problem’ was in the film but Jim actually said ‘Houston, we had a problem’

Maybe Turners had a problem and it’s all fixed just like Apollo 13 getting back home safely was and Todd Turner is a hero

Agree with what you say about problems Percy but Turners seem to have a never ending set of problems ..wonder what the next one they tell us is.
    Last edited by winner69; 20-04-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”