sharetrader
Page 293 of 840 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393793 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Cheers Beagle,

As I cannot make the AGM as I have another one that day in a different location, could you please be so kind to post us what happened and the questions that were asked with answers?
    If you don't no worries but you write enough on this site anyway and would appreciate it.
    Will do mate. Wild horses won't keep me away from this meeting and you can count of me to have a good yap about it afterwards
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Following the momo

I wonder when the next dividend will be announced and if the newly converted shares will be issued before it goes ex?

If there's 4.5m new shares issued (@2.85) a 4c dividend will cost the company an extra $180k.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    I wonder when the next dividend will be announced and if the newly converted shares will be issued before it goes ex?

If there's 4.5m new shares issued (@2.85) a 4c dividend will cost the company an extra $180k.
    Last year the dividend was announced October 13th, record date October 27th and payment November 3rd.

Given however this was the first "quarterly" and given that they (hopefully) might want to give the SP a slight change in direction ... who knows - maybe they announce it already at the AGM (September 27)?

And yes, I'd expect the record date being after the conversion date of the new shares ... unless they really would need to rush it.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Will the previous low of $2.80 hold...that's the $64,000 question.
    We might find out today. Currently on $2.80. Time for directors to take a pay cut - failing to deliver value to shareholders.

Here we go....big test of multi year long term support level $2.80 started. Hope the directors and management are ready for a marathon quantum of questions on 26 Sept.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Just received the NZSA voting intentions. They do look at revenue and earnings growth ...

The company enjoyed another strong performance on the back of increasing used vehicle sales and a buoyant
    economy. Revenue was up 32% to $330.5 million, NPAT was up 33% to $23.4 million and the dividend was
    15.5 cents per share up 7%.
    ... and comment on the additional complexity of governing an insurance together with a trading company.

A chart setting out the current and proposed fees is contained in the Notice of Meeting. The increase includes
    provision for the additional Director appointed August 2018. Turners is unusual in that the insurance
    subsidiary is required by RBNZ to have its own board and this adds to the total fees.
    Since the last fee increase the company has grown revenues from $96.5 million in 2015 to $330.5 million this
    year. NPAT has increased from $18.1 million to $23.4 million. The market is a little underwhelmed with the
    share price declining over the last year, however we believe the proposed Fees are reasonable for a company
    of this size and complexity.
    They intend to vote for the proposal to increase the board fees.

Personally - a bit disappointed they looked at NPAT instead of EPS growth - i.e. didn't took the impact of the constant capital rises on revenue and earnings growth into account, but the comments on the additional complexity re governing an insurance might be fair.

But hey, I can't understand everything - can I?

I did gave them my proxy, but instructed them to vote (for my shares) against the fee rises.
    ----

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Here we go....big test of multi year long term support level $2.80 started. Hope the directors and management are ready for a marathon quantum of questions on 26 Sept.
    This mongrel will be testing the patience of all holders now including myself, directors and management will have a hard time convincing anyone that it's just a fickle market that's to blame for the ski slope that started over a year ago.PS-This ski slope needs a mega dump of powder snow to freshen things up.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just received the NZSA voting intentions. They do look at revenue and earnings growth ...

... and comment on the additional complexity of governing an insurance together with a trading company.

They intend to vote for the proposal to increase the board fees.

Personally - a bit disappointed they looked at NPAT instead of EPS growth - i.e. didn't took the impact of the constant capital rises on revenue and earnings growth into account, but the comments on the additional complexity re governing an insurance might be fair.

But hey, I can't understand everything - can I?

I did gave them my proxy, but instructed them to vote (for my shares) against the fee rises.
    I just got their undirected proxy voting intentions and was disappointed with their conclusion too. Did like their bit about Paul Byrnes and his tenure and that displays good though processes and analysis. Maybe a question that can be asked at the AGM for those going.
    Like you BP, its the EPS that is important, NPAT is largely irrelevant. Maybe the NZSA nominee who wrote this piece is unaware of all the extra shares that have come on board the last few years?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    This mongrel will be testing the patience of all holders now including myself, directors and management will have a hard time convincing anyone that it's just a fickle market that's to blame for the ski slope that started over a year ago.PS-This ski slope needs a mega dump of powder snow to freshen things up.
    60cm's, (yes 60 cm's !) of fresh powder at Coronet Peak mate...and we're back at work watching the Turners ski slope, life isn't fair is it lol (although some people watch share prices even in the toilet but best I don't tell tails out of school eh lol)

Very disappointed with NZSA approach. Quite obviously they overlooked Colonial Motors comparison with 3 times the annual turnover and the Chairman is happy with a little over half the fee Grant Baker wants. Doesn't he get enough already from his 10% shareholding and dividends for goodness sake. I'll be telling Noodles (who perhaps seems to be representing their interests a bit lately ?), that NZSA needs to think harder about these sort of outrageous fee increases for such a modest sized company. How hard is it really to govern a company that sells used cars with finance and insurance !
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-09-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I just got their undirected proxy voting intentions and was disappointed with their conclusion too. Did like their bit about Paul Byrnes and his tenure and that displays good though processes and analysis. Maybe a question that can be asked at the AGM for those going.
    Like you BP, its the EPS that is important, NPAT is largely irrelevant. Maybe the NZSA nominee who wrote this piece is unaware of all the extra shares that have come on board the last few years?
    Possible - but hopefully not for much longer. I just did send them an email explaining the difference between EPS growth and NPAT growth;
    ----