sharetrader
Page 306 of 840 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406806 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 8391

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Off course not.
    No surprises there.!
    Think the old twit who was going on about Heartland in Australia may have been the seller.
    Certainly was not me...…….lol.
    Thats the trouble with AGM's during work hours. Bit like funerals. Gives some old folks with nothing better to do than turn up for a free feed and a grizzle (was he the same guy that said the Strategic report had not been published?

IMO

Very kind of you to dump on all us older folk when you are the biggest grizzler ive come across.How ageist can one be.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Very kind of you to dump on all us older folk when you are the biggest grizzler ive come across.How ageist can one be.
    If the cap fits wear it!. Here's what I said "Gives some old folks........". I shouldn't need to define the word "some"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I thought he looked very comfortable.
    Told the truth,want only the best people who have the skills they want.
    Simple as that.
    Pity other boards don't feel the same way.
    Yeah he looked quite un-flustered and stated his case. I think he got a bit of applause for that stance too. Don't get me wrong, I am all for females at board level, my partner happens to be one. But they must be there on merit not as a token bimbo (as my partner would say)

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Looked uncomfortable didn’t he

One thing for sure is Turners will not be having any females on the Board for some time ..a certainty that is.
    I thought he looked uncomfortable on a number of occasions and was quite defensive. He didnt inspire confidence in me to be honest and I wouldnt buy back in after watching it but most of you seem happy with the presentation and are happy holders and have way more knowledge and experience than me
    Last edited by RupertBear; 26-09-2018 at 04:36 PM.

I agree that Paul Brynes looked uncomfortable and defensive and didn't speak especially well. Look I have to say this. In my view its unacceptable that the Chairman Grant Baker didn't attend. Unless a close relative is dying or just died or one is extremely sick in my view there really isn't another valid excuse for a Chairman not to show his face at the annual meeting.

If I didn't know better, (and I certainly don't) I'd think seeing as he knew the votes on hand prior to the meeting was already going to carry the directors fees increase he was too embarrassed to show his face at the annual meeting. Going off comments on here he would have known the certain shareholders, myself included, were gunning for him over the exorbitant directors fee and especially chairman's fee increase so why cop the flak right ?

Might as well take that extra $40K which is rather conveniently backdated to 1 April 2018, grab a couple of first class seats on Emirates to Zurich and go skiing in Switzerland right ? How dare commoners question my right to very fulsome remuneration right ? I'm a big shareholder in this company didn't you know and it doesn't matter if we simply staple annual reports together with one staple, shareholders don't deserve a properly bound report because we're trying to save money...except of course when it comes to Directors Fees !

I think its very rude and disrespectful to shareholders for him not to show up. Definite black mark against the company for that....and the other directors wonder why the SP is under pressure...Hmmm... top pay and they couldn't organize a shareholder placement plan for small shareholders in a fair and reasonable manner last year...Hmmm.

Todd Hunter impressed...if it wasn't for him I'd probably be out. Anyway...that's probably enough barking for one day.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-09-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Agree The Chairman should have been there,however I accept The Board altered the meeting date.
    In fact I think Paul Byrnes handling of the meeting was one of the best I have seen/or been to.
    He handled McGinty's well research questions extremely well.All other questions except your staple question were answered head on,and fully.
    Yes Todd Hunter impresses,but so does CFO Aaron Saunders, and the whole board.
    If you missed the reasons why the sp was under pressure, go to YouTube Turners Automotive Group agm 2018 and listen to what Paul Byrne said.

Yeah I chatted with a couple of the other board members and would have to conceed they seemed like good guys. Just grumpy about not being able to take direct aim at Grant Baker as I was looking forward to that. Maybe we get a properly bound annual report next year Possibly pretty fair buying at around the current level but my price target one year hence is somewhat lower than the average brokers target and a lot lower than the Couta1 theorem. I'm okay with my bonds converting to shares now...so attendance today was worth it as far as I am concerned.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-09-2018 at 05:46 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

The current net dividend yield is 5.40 %.It is paid quarterly.
    The current PE is 9.81.
    Clever business model with strong organic growth,very strong brand,top CEO and CFO,good board,strong balance sheet.
    Couta1 is right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just a matter of when?...…………...lol.

ps.Most probably be more earnings accretive for Heartland to buy than UDC...………….lol.
    Last edited by percy; 26-09-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Disappointed there was no online voting option. Easy way to suppress votes from small shareholders. Glad you guys asked the questions that needed asking.

I have been overseas so was unable to vote against the increase in the Directors fees. Hope Grant filled out his form before he left.
    Last edited by Jaa; 26-09-2018 at 06:24 PM.