sharetrader
Page 403 of 840 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 8391
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I feel honoured .....just got a message saying Porirua and Wellington yards will be open Monday even though a public holiday

As a shareholder pleased my staff are clipping tickets on a public holiday ...hope they are busy as
    So do I...................lol.

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Likely Lime users not in the used car market anyway

No threat to Turners here

Might even see Line users say to themselves heck owing a car might be a good idea ...good for Turners
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Going to be interesting seeing what "the disruption" Lime Scooters cause.
    So far the business model looks fantastic to me,although a cold winter here will be the test.
    I am noticing most of the users appear to be under 20,and a lot of school aged teens.Well in my area.
    My first thoughts are ChCh buses will lose a lot of custom.Whether or not this means a reduction in bus services, time will tell.Reduction of bus services will see more cars on the road.
    May even see out of town residents driving into ChCh, and leaving their car out of the central city, and getting to work on a Lime Scooter.
    I do not see either Toyota or Ford stopping producing cars and building scooters anytime soon.

Interesting noting Motor Trade Finance, Moorhouse Ave, is owned by two very experience ex car dealers,Simon O'Connell, and Brent Robertson [Brents Toyota].Perhaps financing is more profitable?
    Last edited by percy; 20-01-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Chch and Auckland very different markets Percy. Huge amount of major new multi level housing developments (very intensive zoning allowed by Auck Council) going on very close to existing transport infrastructure, (train and bus stations). Overseas research is showing more and more young people are more keyed in to having the latest smart phone than wanting a car and if its easy and cheap to catch public transport and then use a Lime scooter or some other ride share platform that's what they'll increasingly be doing. I think the Lime scooters are a bit of a game changer for public transport because previous people who were reluctant to use it because of the walk from the train station to work have had that problem solved for them. The daily cost of parking in central Auckland has gone from expensive to completely ridiculous. I see Lime and their ride sharing ilk as having meaningful long term demand implications for customers of the type that might previously have bought a cheap second hand car.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Yes I think we will all be watching this space with interest.
    Lime planes could save the hassle of airports.?
    Last edited by percy; 20-01-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Likely Lime users not in the used car market anyway

No threat to Turners here

Might even see Line users say to themselves heck owing a car might be a good idea ...good for Turners
    They might have been if Lime wasn't so incredibly convenient for them. 1.2 million rides in such a short time tells you this Lime movement has real momentum
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12191975 I would imagine from what I have seen its mostly young people might have otherwise bought a cheap car...old Beagles wouldn't dare ride one...balance is hopeless
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-01-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes I think we will all be watching this space with interest.
    Lime planes could save the hassle of airports.?
    Saw a few of these on the weekend. Lime Paramotor's, the quick way of getting to the Airport coming to your city soon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMUfkVsghrY Go on Percy, give one a go !

percy

Thanks me.!!

Membaa

You Old Limers haven't looked into the cost yet have you? https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mon...me-escootering. Once the novelty wears off and the weather gets worse, the costs will put off a lot of people. Or so my <20's kids are telling me. Uber, that's their favourite go to transport. Or train, or bus in the city. Fancy Lime Scooters being more expensive than all of them.

Not sure what this has to do with TRA.