sharetrader
Page 528 of 840 FirstFirst ... 28428478518524525526527528529530531532538578628 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    A two year view of SUM v TRA Attachment 10597
    TRA really outperforming SUM ....maybe hope for sum yet
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Great knowing we are all right.!!
    All time high.
    one year.
    two year.
    Perhaps one day we will all be on the same page [although I very much doubt it].
    Well the next two to three years should be fun.
    I will all the time be enjoying my great increasing TRA fully imputed paid quarterly divies.Next one 18th July.
    About three times SUM yield.
    Last edited by percy; 04-06-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    TRA really outperforming SUM ....maybe hope for sum yet
    Those relative performance charts are easy to cherry pick eh? Regardless, both have smashed a heap of investors capital for holders from their highs. As Percy says though, TRA still have a better payout, so assuming holders live long enough they'll get their capital back in dividends, likewise SUM in time. Both should return to a sustained SP uptrend at some stage though, sometimes best to just suck up the earnings and put the charts and daily commentaries away where they belong.

Membaa

I can't understand why a long term value investor even bothers looking at the daily share price. Better to have a few really exciting companies if one likes taking a daily view, it tends to deflect attention from the long holds daily movements.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I can't understand why a long term value investor even bothers looking at the daily share price. Better to have a few really exciting companies if one likes taking a daily view, it tends to deflect attention from the long holds daily movements.
    I seem to have all my shares on watch lists.
    The dead boring to the ultra exciting,from the big growth companies to the big yields,so I can't watch some without watching the others..

Nicholas Taleb did a piece in Fooled by Randomness about watching your portfolio on a regular basis - the successful portfolio he used as an example he said this - A minute-by-minute examination of his performance means that each day (assuming eight hours per day) he will have 241 pleasurable minutes against 239 unpleasurable ones. These amount to 60,688 and 60,271, respectively, per year

Seems the more you look the more pain you suffer (assuming a down tick causes more pain than the pleasure of an up tick)

I also liked this bit of advice though I never heed it - Reading daily news takes a lot of effort for little reward. Therefore we should stop doing it. If the news is essential, it will travel through the grapevine to reach you somehow.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I seem to have all my shares on watch lists.
    The dead boring to the ultra exciting,from the big growth companies to the big yields,so I can't watch some without watching the others..
    I don't have any long holds on a 'watchlist' (like ASB Securities or MyNZX etc, for example), only things on watchlists are things I want to watch in case I might buy them. The stuff I actually own is in my portfolios on Sharesight.

Anyway, it would be hard to advocate a share, or bag it, if one didn't look at it daily, preferably many many times a day. Lol.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I don't have any long holds on a 'watchlist' (like ASB Securities or MyNZX etc, for example), only things on watchlists are things I want to watch in case I might buy them. The stuff I actually own is in my portfolios on Sharesight.

Anyway, it would be hard to advocate a share, or bag it, if one didn't look at it daily, preferably many many times a day. Lol.
    My watch lists work just fine for me.Flags show any announcements,so I don't miss a thing.!
    www.stocknessmonster.com
    Last edited by percy; 04-06-2019 at 07:51 PM.

For what’s it worth only 1 broker seems to cover TRA these day — assume FNZC as they seem closely involved in ‘advising’ Turners — but maybe not as Chinese walls exist.

Whoever their target is $2.59 .....implying current share price value of $2.30/$2.35

No profit growth on the horizon....but HUGE DIVIDENDS FORECAST

https://www.marketscreener.com/TURNE...944/consensus/
    Last edited by winner69; 05-06-2019 at 08:46 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    For what’s it worth only 1 broker seems to cover TRA these day — assume FNZC as they seem closely involved in ‘advising’ Turners — but maybe not as Chinese walls exist.

Whoever their target is $2.59 .....implying current share price value of $2.30/$2.35

No profit growth on the horizon....but HUGE DIVIDENDS FORECAST

https://www.marketscreener.com/TURNE...944/consensus/
    Both Craigs and FNZC cover Turners.
    As you point out FNZC can't give target price etc as they are advising TRA in regards to Oxford Finance.
    Interesting comments .One from each broker.
    "with growth in the contributions from Auto retail and Finance the main drivers."
    "solid underlying earnings growth is expected over the next two years".
    Forecast dividends: Refer my post #5242 on this thread.
    Last edited by percy; 05-06-2019 at 09:13 AM.