sharetrader
Page 514 of 840 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 8391
    Guru

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/112...fX7jRGZZ_0QkXI

Can't be good for the used car market...?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

Fact is often different from fiction.
    I pick up my granddaughter from High School 4 afternoons.
    As anyone knows I am only one
    of far too many people who collect kids from school in their car.
    If they can't even get to and from school as Kids,they are going to grow into big time car buyers and users.
    We are training a whole generation of car dependant people.
    This will led to a continuing growing number of cars on our roads.
    Must be good for Turners.
    The last book buying trip I did to Auckland I expected to be over at the North Shore just before 10 am.Arrived at 9.30.What a difference school holidays make.
    ps.Had my first bus trip on Thursday attending an annual meeting in town.All went well going into town.Bus exchange was excellent.
    Coming home the driver missed my stop,and I was not happy walking an extra half kilometer in the pouring rain.Beauty was the trip cost me nothing using my [thank you Winnie] Gold Card.
    Last edited by percy; 18-05-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

No worries here t_j ....as the article says ”To judge by the figures, Kiwis are not about to drastically slow down their buying or use of cars.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Got chatting with a bloke yesterday who told me his wife has just started working with an electric vehicle sharing company in Auckland. They already operate in Chch.
    Among other issues they are grappling with two major issues presenting include:-
    Vehicles have to be returned to designated depot's, (especially problematic for users)
    Everyone's definition of cleanliness is different, (problematic for users and the ride sharing company).

It will be interesting to see how things progress but I think until we see widespread adoption of fully autonomous vehicles there will be little if any impact on Turners.

Moosie's down-trending channel looks like it could be something of a problem, results dependent of course. Outlook commentary if any that comes with the annual result on 29 May will be interesting.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-05-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Cant see how electric vehicles would effect Turners, they will simply move into that category as well. Plenty of second hand EVs coming into th country

percy

We know the divie will be retained at 17cps [or more] for the coming year.5 cps end of July has been confirmed.Great for us long term investors having the fully imputated divie paid quarterly.
    The outlook statement will be all important,and hopefully the board will advise a resumption of the share buy back scheme.
    I would also like to know whether there has been any progress made on finding a new site for the ChCh branch.When they develop their own sites, they get what suits them best,ie a big yard area with smallish building area.Landlords prefer big buildings and small yards.
    The rebranding of BuyRight Cars should sort that problem out.
    The only other problem area was the old MTF non recourse loans. Hopefully the big impairements have all been made.
    I am expecting further growth in both finance and insurance.
    The big "I want to know" is property development.Those profits will show up in insurance,but the sale of the old North Shore branch should have produced a healthy profit.New site in Archers Road should be operating in August.Looks as though it will be something for shareholders to be proud of.Whangarei certainly is.

ps.
    No I will not be attending Turners Auckland twelve Classic Harley Davidsons auction.
    Last edited by percy; 18-05-2019 at 03:34 PM.

IMO

You wouldn't hav a chance bidding against Destiny

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    You wouldn't hav a chance bidding against Destiny
    One for each disciple.!

Jeez that Liam is very very good ...even the commentators sound really excited raving about his awesomeness

Hopefully rub off on the share price in coming weeks
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez that Liam is very very good ...even the commentators sound really excited raving about his awesomeness

Hopefully rub off on the share price in coming weeks
    Liam Lawson was incredible.
    Pau Historic Grand Prix is a great event to win.
    Billy Munger who finished 9th [I think] is the young guy who lost both legs in a huge crash a couple of years ago.
    Last edited by percy; 20-05-2019 at 08:28 AM.