sharetrader
Page 466 of 840 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 8391
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Life has hit rock bottom for me in that I am sitting drinking coffee in a *STARBUCKS*. But I have an hour to wait for the ferry, the backpacks are heavy and the armchairs are confortable.

Many on this forum, myself included, quote some TA gibberish when it supports our fundamental or emotional or irrational beliefs about our company.

So, you think it is worth-buying? You use the 37 minute & 40 second average or some bell-curve pattern.

Don't like it? Then either it is not above the 200 day, or no golden cross, or the volume is not quite good enough in the latter part of the afternoon.

Now my totally unbiased software says we passed from the red-zone (definitely avoid) to the orange-zone (down trend break) yesterday.

But it is just giving meaning to the randomness of share prices.

Disc: TRA is the smallest (of 10) holdings in my NZX buy, hold & pray it goes up lomg term portfolio.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Life has hit rock bottom for me in that I am sitting drinking coffee in a *STARBUCKS*. But I have an hour to wait for the ferry, the backpacks are heavy and the armchairs are confortable.

Many on this forum, myself included, quote some TA gibberish when it supports our fundamental or emotional or irrational beliefs about our company.

So, you think it is worth-buying? You use the 37 minute & 40 second average or some bell-curve pattern.

Don't like it? Then either it is not above the 200 day, or no golden cross, or the volume is not quite good enough in the latter part of the afternoon.

Now my totally unbiased software says we passed from the red-zone (definitely avoid) to the orange-zone (down trend break) yesterday.

But it is just giving meaning to the randomness of share prices.

Disc: TRA is the smallest (of 10) holdings in my NZX buy, hold & pray it goes up lomg term portfolio.
    I love your bell curve patterns mate ....sure it will play out with Turners
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Life has hit rock bottom for me...

There is always someone worse off than you. At least you didn't have to put one of your dogs to sleep today to stop his pain from cancer.
    Also my smallest holding on the NZX and bought back in on not much more than a wing and a prayer...hoping it might cover some of my vet bills.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-03-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    There is always someone worse off than you. At least you didn't have to put one of your dogs to sleep today to stop his pain from cancer.
    Also my smallest holding on the NZX and bought back in on not much more than a wing and a prayer...hoping it might cover some of my vet bills.
    Hey that’s very sad about the dog. My condolences

Take care
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey that’s very sad about the dog. My condolences

Take care
    Thanks mate, much appreciated. I know you lost two pets late last year...its a pretty tough gig when the time comes isn't it !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

You have my deepest sympathy.
    Parted company with many a friend over the years, but still have their paw-prints on my heart.

Not particularly a dog person myself but a few days ago we were adopted by one as we went for our morning walk. Found ourselves worrying whether he was going to get in physical strife with the monkey troops and other dogs but it was all teeth bareing and barking from a safe distance, luckily.
    om mani peme hum

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Aww sorry to hear that Mr Beagle. My sympathy to you and your family. Its a tuff call to have to make but its an act of love and kindness to end their suffering. Treasure your happy memories. Take care

You have my deepest sympathy.
    Parted company with many a friend over the years, but still have their paw-prints on my heart.

Not particularly a dog person myself but a few days ago we were adopted by one as we went for our morning walk. Found ourselves worrying whether he was going to get in physical strife with the monkey troops and other dogs but it was all teeth bareing and barking from a safe distance, luckily.
    Much like on this forum sometimes lol
    Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Aww sorry to hear that Mr Beagle. My sympathy to you and your family. Its a tuff call to have to make but its an act of love and kindness to end their suffering. Treasure your happy memories. Take care
    Thanks guys. We still have one remaining Sydney Silky Terrier from the 3 boys we bought nearly 13 years ago. Basil is happy to pull triple duties on the patting and cuddling stakes as he's always been the most cuddly of the 3 dogs by miles. I know you're not supposed to play favourites but I count it a blessing the one I feel the very closest bond with is still with us. Might get a Beagle puppy again in due course when the time is right
    Next divvy from TRA will come in handy...hope it arrives before my next credit card bill containing all the vet bills does !
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-03-2019 at 03:06 PM.

percy

Sorry to hear .Sad day for you and your wife.
    Trust today's TRA posts have brought a smile to your face.
    Bell Curves,
    Bottom Pickers' champion is Couta1..
    37 sec moving average cossing the 40 minute one.
    What next?
    Last edited by percy; 13-03-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Sorry to hear .Sad day for you and your wife.
    Trust today's TRA posts have brought a smile to your face.
    Bell Curves,
    Bottom Pickers' champion is Couta1..
    37 sec moving average cossing the 40 minute one.
    What next?
    Thanks Percy. $2.50 ?