sharetrader
Page 460 of 840 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 8391
    percy

Turners are neither in Australia or sell new cars.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    As long as the news doesn’t rub off on Australian instos and they stop supporting the share (or even worse pack a sad and sell out)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Maybe dreamcatcher was suggesting that if news like this applied to NZ it would put punters off buying any stock associated with cars.

Like in a years time — New Zealand’s GDP shows we're in a type of 'recession' and car dealers are bearing the brunt

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe dreamcatcher was suggesting that if news like this applied to NZ it would put punters off buying any stock associated with cars.

Like in a years time — New Zealand’s GDP shows we're in a type of 'recession' and car dealers are bearing the brunt
    As investors it pays us to know the difference between "Fake" news and "Real" news.

Banned

As investors it pays us to know the difference between "Fake" news and "Real" news.
    My rule of thumb is to believe half of what you read(In other words I toss a coin to determine whether it's fake or real)

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    My rule of thumb is to believe half of what you read(In other words I toss a coin to determine whether it's fake or real)
    Like many are still wondering if this vague sentence was REAL news or FAKE news — “If October market conditions continue to be the environment we are working in, NPBT could be impacted by 5 – 10% from our previous guidance range of $34m to $36m.”

Yes couts, like you I only believe half (maybe a bit more than half) of what companies say. Maybe

Like many are still wondering if this vague sentence was REAL news or FAKE news — “If October market conditions continue to be the environment we are working in, NPBT could be impacted by 5 – 10% from our previous guidance range of $34m to $36m.”

Yes couts, like you I only believe half (maybe a bit more than half) of what companies say. Maybe
    Actually - the sentence was not vague but pretty specific. I am sure as well, it is true. What we don't know is whether the condition in this sentence (if market conditions continue ...) has been confirmed.

Sad thing is - the company would know the trend by now (it is not rocket science to add up their sales at the end of each month). Unfortunately they didn't tell us. Just wondering - would this be withholding of material information? Somebody must know - are they selling or buying?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Actually - the sentence was not vague but pretty specific. I am sure as well, it is true. What we don't know is whether the condition in this sentence (if market conditions continue ...) has been confirmed.

Sad thing is - the company would know the trend by now (it is not rocket science to add up their sales at the end of each month). Unfortunately they didn't tell us. Just wondering - would this be withholding of material information? Somebody must know - are they selling or buying?
    they are buying! see company news every day
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    they are buying! see company news every day
    There was an American politician (I think he was a polie)) who was raving the other day that company share buy backs should be banned because the company was acting on insider information.

There was an American politician (I think he was a polie)) who was raving the other day that company share buy backs should be banned because the company was acting on insider information.
    yes but it is public information that they are buying , and they announce it before they do it , and its usually over a period of time. Its not like they buy 100m they day before the profit announcement.

Despite my opportune recent purchase I am still a long way under water here. cant buy any more now.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....