sharetrader
Page 687 of 840 FirstFirst ... 187587637677683684685686687688689690691697737787 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,870 of 8391

I think it's better to grow up coping with dangers such as they are not magnifying them to something huge through imagination and no experience. Have to face them sometime. The roads to school became so dense with bicycles the cars had to slow down. Same with walking home, kids everywhere no danger.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Throughout my entire school life I got myself to and from school. Walking in one place, by tram in another and bicycling in a third. So did everyone else. Nobody was met by their mother and probably would have been ridiculed as a sissy if they were. I can't believe the way they can't now. Nor how generation driven-to-school is the one making so much noise about climate change.

similar here to, even on worst of frosty days.

Cycleways around these parts rarely see any or much use - a waste of space.
    No wonder that we have an element of the population overweight, lazy & can't
    get out of their way to even walk a few blocks to pick up kids a few blocks away ..

And of course a gross waste of Energy & emissions output from them too

One can imagine many of these families wont just have One vehicle
    but multiple .. maybe with one just used for taking kids to school / sports /
    and shopping ..

this is why we have congestion on our roads - whole fleets of economy blind
    parents all in separate cars, in their hundreds per school. all descending multiple times a day,
    5-6 days a week on the country's schools, sports parks, seemingly too proud or stupid to use
    provided mass transport services in many instances - buses or to share.

If we want change then change should first occur in more responsible utilisation
    of modes of transport, fuels, etc so we dont see excessive waste first up

After all this band of offenders are not setting a very good example for their offspring
    are they ?
    Last edited by nztx; 15-06-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    similar here to, even on worst of frosty days.

Cycleways around these parts rarely see any or much use - a waste of space.
    No wonder that we have an element of the population overweight, lazy & can't
    get out of their way to even walk a few blocks to pick up kids a few blocks away ..

And of course a gross waste of Energy & emissions output from them too

One can imagine many of these families wont just have One vehicle
    but multiple .. maybe with one just used for taking kids to school / sports /
    and shopping ..

this is why we have congestion on our roads - whole fleets of economy blind
    parents all in separate cars, in their hundreds per school. all descending multiple times a day,
    5-6 days a week on the country's schools, sports parks, seemingly too proud or stupid to use
    provided mass transport services in many instances - buses or to share.

If we want change then change should first occur in more responsible utilisation
    of modes of transport, fuels, etc so we dont see excessive waste first up

After all this band of offenders are not setting a very good example for their offspring
    are they ?
    It's probably the hundreds of parents descending on every school that make the roads risky for cyclists.
    I wonder if all these expensive and hardly used cycle ways are the result a generation of cyclists who gained no experience or sense on the road while at school feeling scared unless the cotton wool treatment continues.

Advanced Member

Can we finish all the anti-parents-using-cars talk on the turners automotive investor thread maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The naughty Beagle goes wandering on a little trip of forethought wondering about FY22 earnings and comes to the conclusion that Todd, Grant and the team are playing silly beggars with us about the 3 year plan which the dog reckons is actually a one year plan to get to $5.

Cleaning out my dog bowl the other day it was so shiny after licking it clean I swear I saw the reflection of the prospect of just on $42m earnings for FY22 which is ~ $30m after tax and just on 35 cps earnings and with years of tailwinds ahead, (Forbar reckons international travel won't return to normal until FY26) and people spending up large domestically my nose caught the whiff or the market ascribing a slightly higher PE of 14 times (given such consistent steady growth ahead) said 35 cps prospective earnings which got me to 14 x 35 = $4.90 as fair value one year hence or maybe earlier ?

Good they make these 3 years plans though which helps cunning hounds sniff out fair value one year hence Rating Accumulate, Price Target mid 2022 $4.90.

Looking at the gross yield I think 22 cps in fully imputed dividends is doable this year so that's 22 / 0.72 = 30.56 cps gross which on $4.50 is still a gross yield of ~ 6.8%.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just notice that this is the TNR thread ... we probably should move this discussion to a more relevant thread. Here we go:

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...l=1#post890090
    Be good if people took their climate change discussions to the appropriate thread.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Can we finish all the anti-parents-using-cars talk on the turners automotive investor thread maybe?

Apologies folks .. but aren't they likely be avid followers & supporters of Tina & the team ?

I see director nominations are now open. I am sure that Grant would love a barking Beagle on the board to keep him in shape
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

A question for Todd please.

The EV car market is set to take off.

My question is if capturing/dominating this market is part of Turners' strategic plan?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Louloubell View Post
    A question for Todd please.

The EV car market is set to take off.

My question is if capturing/dominating this market is part of Turners' strategic plan?
    I think Todd has already answered this on previous pages if you scroll back through a bit. Essentially EVs don’t change anything for Turners, they will buy and sell them just like they do any other type of vehicle. In other words: Turners is “power train agnostic”.

Yeap, asked and answered already.