sharetrader
Page 651 of 840 FirstFirst ... 151551601641647648649650651652653654655661701751 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 8391
    Legend

it says something if in face of the blocks being sold down SP is still showing such resilience

Discl: Very happy Camper enjoying the thermals rising above TRA
    Last edited by nztx; 25-01-2021 at 04:16 PM.

Advanced Member

Seems to be a slowing of interest on the buying of shares. Im still holding and I feel it may still rise a little more yet. Happy with the income stream and outlook for the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Seems to be a slowing of interest on the buying of shares. Im still holding and I feel it may still rise a little more yet. Happy with the income stream and outlook for the company.
    The share price simply reflects reliable divvies and not much growth. I feel and hope it will go up too ��, but think this will not be the case.

Am happy to hold as you do, as there aren't any better buys atm

Advanced Member

Divi going into accounts at end of week - expect some reinvestment I imagine.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Divi going into accounts at end of week - expect some reinvestment I imagine.
    Should be in eligible bank a/cs tomorrow.

Investor

Divvy just hit the bank a/c, thanks TRA

Guy at Turners sees issues with the decarbonisation of NZ

https://amp.rnz.co.nz/article/a480b4...mpression=true

How are farmers using diesel utes capable of towing a 3.5 ton load going to cope ? What relatively affordable electric vehicle with a realistic range are they going to use ? Even if by some miracle we can socially engineer a situation where everyone can afford an electric vehicle if everyone in Auckland plugs into the electrical grid at night how is the grid going cope ?
    I think a lot of these academics in their ivory towers are so divorced from the practical problems its beyond a joke.

That guy from Turners is only barely scratching the surface of the myriad of problems such a radical approach as banning ICE powered cars would cause.
    Just plant a few hundred thousand extra hectares of pine trees and be done with this nonsense already.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/124...+February+2021

https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/1148...bbard-cartoons

P.S. I like Turners shares...have them in my share competition as well and I'm not performing too shabbily there.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-02-2021 at 08:46 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    How are farmers using diesel utes capable of towing a 3.5 ton load going to cope ? What relatively affordable electric vehicle with a realistic range are they going to use ? Even if by some miracle we can socially engineer a situation where everyone can afford an electric vehicle if everyone in Auckland plugs into the electrical grid at night how is the grid going cope ?
    I think a lot of these academics in their ivory towers are so divorced from the practical problems its beyond a joke.

That guy from Turners is only barely scratching the surface of the myriad of problems such a radical approach as banning ICE powered cars would cause.
    Just plant a few hundred thousand extra hectares of pine trees and be done with this nonsense already.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/124...+February+2021

https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/1148...bbard-cartoons

P.S. I like Turners shares...have them in my share competition as well and I'm not performing too shabbily there.
    It's actually out of NZs hands to some degree - Europe/UK has banned any sales of new ICE vehicles by 2030/2035 (varies depending on the country) as has China and many other countries with US not far behind. As such all the major auto companies have also ceased development of new ICE models and announced their expected end dates of ICE production coinciding with the EU phase out dates.

There will literally be no new ICE vehicles to buy (outside of industrial and perhaps some farm vehicle models - although even these may be hydrogen based) so NZ is going to have to transition to a EV infrastructure anyway.

As for strain on electricity supply, I don't think this will be an issue with load shifting (both utility scale and home batteries which will be cheap as chips by 2030) and most charging occurring during periods of low power use (overnight). Norway has already transitioned to majority EV sales if you want an idea of what NZ looks like in 5-10 years.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 02-02-2021 at 10:29 AM.

I listened to this podcast yesterday and the guest was Cathie Wood from Ark Investment Funds. She was saying that batteries are exponentially getting better whilst also becoming cheaper. Much like computers. Basically she was saying in the not too distant future EVs are clearly going to be much cheaper than ICE vehicles and performance to boot.

Very disruptive technology that is rapidly changing. (The Ark Innovation ETF 1 year return is up 175% so she clearly knows her stuff).

She compared it to how the first genome sequencing was completed in early 2000's and took 13 years and $2b to complete. Now you can do it for $50 and it only takes a couple of hours. Exponential growth eh.