sharetrader
Page 471 of 840 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 8391

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    "We have recently undertaken market research which shows that the Turners brand stands out strongly as the most "trusted" brand in the used car market and the brand that has the most awareness'.
    Chair and CEO's report page 6 TRA's annual report 2018.
    You must have missed it W69.
    Wasn't this the same company that commissioned research into director fees that surprisingly indicated they needed a pay rise. With no mention of closest peer cml director fees.

I wouldn't trust any of their self commissioned research

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Wasn't this the same company that commissioned research into director fees that surprisingly indicated they needed a pay rise. With no mention of closest peer cml director fees.

I wouldn't trust any of their self commissioned research
    Perhaps you would trust your own experience of excellence from Turners, when you last brought a vehicle from them.?
    I know I trust my daughter's experience of Turners excellence when she brought a car from them.
    Last edited by percy; 15-03-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Perhaps you would trust your own experience of excellence from Turners, when you last brought a vehicle from them.?
    I know I trust my daughter's experience of Turners excellence when she brought a car from them.
    Last time was towards end of last year. With the Russian firm just behind Turners. Excellent service, car and price. Turners did not stock vehicle we were after (Subaru).

Before that was "Firm That Shall Not Be Named" but man, their cars seemed too cheap as were their facilities. Dodgy car and I wonder if staff had work permits. Didn't buy

Before that some guy flogging a few cars out of his garage. Great guy, great car great price.

Before that Hyundai dealership. Great service, great price, great car. Even better was after sales support. Charged me about 5 bucks to replace a rear bulb that was tricky to get out.

Before that Value Cars Warehouse. Great car, great service, great price. Put right iffy battery before sale.

All cars ran really well with no problems.

Geez - there really is quite the selection!

Investor

You will be forgiven to think that you missed that profit upgrade announcement from company...there wasn't one.

Market profoundly dislikes uncertainty. Now that the company has ostensibly confirmed the tougher trading conditions they articulated in late November 2018 some of the uncertainty is removed. Didn't notice any really strong adjectives in their presentation like extremely tough or very challenging so maybe an okay-ish sort of result coming for FY19 ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Market profoundly dislikes uncertainty. Now that the company has ostensibly confirmed the tougher trading conditions they articulated in late November 2018 some of the uncertainty is removed. Didn't notice any really strong adjectives in their presentation like extremely tough or very challenging so maybe an okay-ish sort of result coming for FY19 ?
    You never know - TRA may really really surprise by announcing a profit upgrade indeed!

There never was a downgrade ....most just assumed it to be

NPBT will still be $35m to $36m

Is that an upgrade ..no ....but better than expected seeing the possible hasn’t likely happened
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Close at 233 — cool

Never again to see the 220s

Better than expected guidance = share price back to 3 bucks sooner than later
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Undercover snoop number 2

Dropped into Turners in Hamilton last friday early arvo.
    Great location very visual, from the busy road, like tauranga, modern looking, simple lines and tidy as.Zillions of vehicles.

Went in through the side entrance this time straight to the free standing workstation in the big open shed full of cars. Unlike tauranga no one at it and the staff strolled around ignoring us, nothing brisk here. I finally went back to office in main entrance and had to ask where the catalogues were, hard to find, they were on both counters in tauranga. My mate came back from the toilet and someone had turned up at work station. He asked about EV's and Hybrids. She couldn't help him!!!?.Couldnt find if they had any!

We spent about 20 mins there, it was bigger and more stock then tauranga. We didn't see even ONE punter looking the whole time!!!.

Maybe they would sell more cars if they offered with each purchase a free massage with a happy ending?

I think most punters are looking online now and physically only turn up on the weekends to test drive and haggle the deal.
    I've previously been to the massive yard Andrew Simms has at Botany Downs on a Tuesday and was the only one their evaluating a car and that dealership represents quite a number of marques and is VAST.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine