sharetrader
Page 435 of 840 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Well it’s taken 2 years to fall that much ......so a long grinding down process

To every action there’s an equal and opposite reaction ......didn’t Buffett say that?

Keeping the faith ....but wish Baker and his Singapore mate would pull finger and find a buyer ...I’d be happy with 240 now
    Would you buy something from the Baker boys after Trilogy?

Well it’s taken 2 years to fall that much ......so a long grinding down process

To every action there’s an equal and opposite reaction ......didn’t Buffett say that?

Keeping the faith ....but wish Baker and his Singapore mate would pull finger and find a buyer ...I’d be happy with 240 now
    Newton's third law mate. He had a bit to say about momentum in his first law too, something that TRA shareholders are being "treated" too with fresh ongoing multi year low's on a regular basis.

Mate of mine told me that momentum is a very powerful force in the market, I believe that was you !
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-02-2019 at 05:12 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

"Always looks the darkest before the dawn".

ps.
    Looks mighty dark right now.!!...

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Would you buy something from the Baker boys after Trilogy?
    Yes certainly did very nicely with TIL.
    You did too.!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post

ps.
    Not compelling enough a case as a yield stock at present in my opinion. 17 / 0.72 = 23.61 / 217 = 10.88% gross
    How does that compare with a couple of other well known dividend hound stocks, both with a vastly longer track record of being good dividend payers ?
    AIR - expected dividends 22 cps fully imputed / 0.72 = 30.56 cps gross and on $2.57 last time I looked that's 11.9% gross.
    HLG - expected divvies this year 24 cps paid December 2018 expecting 20 cps in April 2019, total 44 cps / 0.72 = 61.11 cps gross which on $4.09 gives 14.9%.
    Of course you could argue that these sort of dividends are not sustainable by AIR or HLG but the same argument could very easily be applied to TRA.

Various price points for required yield to make TRA compelling as a dividend hounds stock, choose your required rate of return compared to other alternatives.
    12% gross = SP of $1.97 = equal return to AIR
    15% gross = SP of $1.57 = equal return to HLG
    13% is $1.82 or 14% $1.69 for those expecting different yields for the risk involved.

Of all 3 alternatives I think HLG looks the best to me not only in terms of yield but also they are growing sales in a tough market and have an awful lot of runs on the board over a vast amount of time in terms of delivering the goods.

Conclusion - TRA is still quite some way away from being a buy for me in terms of being a compelling yield investment. We will see if the trend continues long enough to tempt me back in. I think its going to get a fair bit darker yet.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-02-2019 at 06:10 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

ps.
    Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits penned this in one of my favourite songs Why Worry -

Why worry
    There should be laughter after pain
    There should be sunshine after rain
    There should a new high Turners share price after going down the drain
    These things have always been the same
    So why worry now
    Why worry now
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits penned this in one of my favourite songs Why Worry -

Why worry
    There should be laughter after pain
    There should be sunshine after rain
    There should a new high Turners share price after going down the drain
    These things have always been the same
    So why worry now
    Why worry now
    He is right .!!

Yes certainly did very nicely with TIL.
    You did too.!
    Haha - which is why you will not see me chancing it again with the Baker boys!

What we need is Craig’s to put out a note on Turners with a BUY on it. They have enough loyal clients who follow their advice, esp the BUYs

That trick seems to have worked for Heartland and thl recently

I’ll give Mark a buzz tomorrow
    Last edited by winner69; 27-02-2019 at 07:26 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I've heard similar tales from the Warehouse - where clothing or toys or a TV is needed for the weekend, only to be returned on Monday morning.
    Why just the weekend when you've got a year to return the goods? I've even seen someone return a dirty coffee cup. And invariably you get paid back more than you've spent if you used the 5% discount Warehouse Money card to buy a number of items on one receipt and use a debit card for the refund of just one or two of those items.

But we digress. That's enough about a listed company retailing products apparently not currently wanted by the New Zealand public and whose share price is much lower than a year or two ago...