sharetrader
Page 516 of 840 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566616 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 8393
    percy

Have any of your clients ever brought or sold their businesses using TA.?

I wonder whether any TA "experts" have ever owned their own businesses, or run a business.?
    Last edited by percy; 21-05-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Moose and Hoop are very good with their technical analysis.
    Very different animals those two, im sure you can spot the difference. Lol

percy

Some interesting comments from MTF's first half result ;
    MTF said "$49.3 mil of the reduced lending was due to less business going through Turners.A non-recourse loan offered with Turners' Oxford Finance was
    discontinued after tighter lending criteria sapped demand for the product.""Turners also brought more business in-house.diverting lending that had previously been done by MTF".
    Well as a Turners shareholder I am pleased the MTF non-recourse lending has stopped.Just wonder what the cost of this mistake will be.A one off.?
    Positive is the fact Turners have taken the lending they were doing via MTF in-house.This will give Turners a lot better margin.

Of concern was the following statement from MTF who warned "that unprecendented growth is now in decline,citing the slowing global economy,weaker domestic spending,and dwindling business confidence.
    So on Wednesday we will find out how robust Turners business model really is,and how bright they see their future.
    Last edited by percy; 27-05-2019 at 08:24 PM.

One more sleep to the big day ....and it’s not even a full moon

Reckon npbt $32.5m will be the number ...but will the market concentrate on the dismal $29m number

Be interested to see if Snoops gets his 20% growth normalised earnings ...that would be staggering.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Stupid question

We’ve been told there will be a $4.5m one-off, non-cash write-off for the Buy Right Cars brand and signage value.

Question - what’s happening with the $35m Goodwill allocated to the CGU (cash generating unit) Buy Right Cars that shows up in the last Annual Report. Does it just get lost somewhere or something.

Asking for a friend

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Stupid question

We’ve been told there will be a $4.5m one-off, non-cash write-off for the Buy Right Cars brand and signage value.

Question - what’s happening with the $35m Goodwill allocated to the CGU (cash generating unit) Buy Right Cars that shows up in the last Annual Report. Does it just get lost somewhere or something.

Asking for a friend
    Get your friend to dial in to the conference call and ask for himself.
    Details were given in TRA's last announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Get your friend to dial in to the conference call and ask for himself.
    Details were given in TRA's last announcement.

They only mentioned the $4m brand value innintangibles ...no mention of the $35m goodwill.

I’ll suggest he dials in

It’s only Goodwill and as the ‘business’ per se still exists they’ll just relabel it Turners. Some pretty robudtbgrowth numbers used to justify the carrying value but that’s another story.
    Last edited by winner69; 28-05-2019 at 08:26 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    They only mentioned the $4m brand value innintangibles ...no mention of the $35m goodwill.

I’ll suggest he dials in

It’s only Goodwill and as the ‘business’ per se still exists they’ll just relabel it Turners. Some pretty robudtbgrowth numbers used to justify the carrying value but that’s another story.
    I am expecting a lot of stories tomorrow.
    Something for everyone.
    We live in interesting times,and tomorrow should be really interesting...lol.
    Last edited by percy; 28-05-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Hope Mrs Snoopy cooks her Beagle a good breakfast...he's going to need some serious brain food to adjust for so many irregular, unusual and extraordinary items from one year to the next its probably going to take him hours of number crunching to work out what the real normalised eps growth or decline is. I'll wait for his analysis...when you've got another good dog doing the work, why bother barking ?

As for the headline number and how they write that up...I am sure Percy will find the good in it and I am confident the announcement won't be written in Pink.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-05-2019 at 08:51 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hope Mrs Snoopy cooks her Beagle a good breakfast...he's going to need some serious brain food to adjust for so many irregular, unusual and extraordinary items from one year to the next its probably going to take him hours of number crunching to work out what the real normalised eps growth or decline is. I'll wait for his analysis...when you've got another good dog doing the work, why bother barking ?

As for the headline number and how they write that up...I am sure Percy will find the good in it and I am confident the announcement won't be written in Pink.
    I read Percy's post #5515 as true to form, if it's good news and the story is intact he'll be back here telling us all about it, but if it's bad news and the story is broken he'll be first in the sell queue long before Snoopy, bless him, gets the underlying numbers published.

Can't say TRA is boring can we!