sharetrader
Page 201 of 840 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 8398
    percy

Your client would be a lot more profitable if he also clipped the ticket with finance and insurance,which are ongoing profit drivers.
    TRA recent capital raise has not been sitting idle in a Kiwi Bank cheque account.
    New car/equipment dealers sites being developed,core finance and insurance bulked up.
    All the time the added bolt ons has strengthened the very strong business model,which has been made easier by Turners' great brand. .
    These core improvements will lead to eps growth,which will be returned to shareholders with increasing fully imputed dividends.Making an investment decision on one year's eps,without looking fully at the business's core improvements, is a very poor short term mistake.A bit like saying SUM or RYM did not build as many units in one year as you expected,so therefore you sell out.The same sort of mistake was made by a number of people who thought HBL brought a dead duck when they brought Senior's REL.
    Be prepared to be surprised,as TRA directors/management have laid the solid foundations for a really great company,by making the right decisions on where to allocate capital..
    Last edited by percy; 03-01-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Handsome Member

I think this fin year will be a good result overall but next year will be the one to watch. The timing of the last capital raise wasnt the best timing as now on paper it will show a chunk of new shares issues but not all of that capital used. Very new to this stock, but after reading their business model and the "clipping the ticket" makes it a good investment for me. Trying to move away from stocks that I need to check on very often, this one show value in the years to come hence I will accumulate at the lows.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Your client would be a lot more profitable if he also clipped the ticket with finance and insurance,which are ongoing profit drivers.
    Selling commercial vehicles is different. You will most likely be selling to a business which has an existing relationship with a financier or insurer, up-selling these extras is less likely. Plus they probably have taken advice from their accountant on how much to spend before they even walk on to the yard.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Selling commercial vehicles is different. You will most likely be selling to a business which has an existing relationship with a financier or insurer, up-selling these extras is less likely. Plus they probably have taken advice from their accountant on how much to spend before they even walk on to the yard.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    And they too will be surprised that TRA will usually offer them a better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    And they too will be surprised that TRA will usually offer them a better deal.
    You're incorrigible Percy..just like I was when I was long AIR
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Especially for you.
    "You're neither right nor wrong because other people agree with you.You're right because your facts are right,and your reasoning is right."
    Benjamin Graham.

LOL you know I like him, a real legend. On his model the PE should be 8.5 for a no growth company + 2g and EPS growth seems to be going to be 4% so if as you suggest TNR is building long term growth into its business model then the PE should be 16.5 and they're presently fundamentally mispriced on a trailing PE of about 13. The only problem with his model is when you start applying it to SUM other companies you get some really outrageous valuations which suggests either his model doesn't apply today or there's better value in SUM other places.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Handsome Member

percy

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Thank you for the link LAC.
    "Turners,the nation's biggest used car dealership,says there are no signs the used car market slowing down in coming years."
    No surprises there.!

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Needs to be considered in the context of an extra 70,000 people who migrated here last year, i.e. a similar increase in the population base. While the article is technically correct I don't believe it foreshadows any change in the real level of turnover on a population adjusted basis or a trend toward second hand over new as new vehicle sales have been growing at a much higher rate, (new might go flat in 2018 with business confidence ebbing quite a bit).
    What is good is that Turners seem to be keeping their market share as their sales are up by a similar percentage.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-01-2018 at 05:14 PM.