sharetrader
Page 202 of 840 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 8398
    percy

I always trust people who know their market.
    In this case I will go with Turners.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Needs to be considered in the context of an extra 70,000 people who migrated here last year, i.e. a similar increase in the population base. While the article is technically correct I don't believe it foreshadows any change in the real level of turnover on a population adjusted basis or a trend toward second hand over new as new vehicle sales have been growing at a much higher rate, (new might go flat in 2018 with business confidence ebbing quite a bit).
    What is good is that Turners seem to be keeping their market share as their sales are up by a similar percentage.
    Thanks a fair comment, but like you say, more customers into the country for Turners to sell more vehicles who will take 4 years to pay it off.

Yikes, closed at $2.97

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Yikes, closed at $2.97
    One of the bigger casualties of the market turmoil so far

Finance / banks not doing that well ....even the mighty Heartland is down heaps.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I am sure the usual suspect will remind us of all their new dealerships including truck dealerships they've built and that the company is on track for wonderful profit growth but business confidence has tanked since Labour was elected and hasn't recovered much yet despite a lot of punters claiming it would. Now we have the markets contracting and I can see a lot of business's won't have the confidence to make large capex decisions...maybe those new truck dealerships couldn't have been built at a worse time ? None of this will stop them making a fancy profit growth announcement in due course but the sly chaps never mention EPS figures in their announcements do they ! This fools some people but doesn't seem to be fooling the market does it ! Of course if we do end up in a bear market which might even cause a recession so its felt on main street as well, customers might really start to struggle with their loans... but no worries because Turners will lend customers and business's more money to get through the bottom of the cycle, it worked for Heartland with dairy so what could possibly go wrong...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Use d vehicle sales often trail new vehicle sales.With new vehicle sales continuing to set records,Turners will see growing used vehicle sales.
    Turners' vertically integrated business model,sales,finance and insurance will prove to be sound in the years to come.
    I remain "well positioned" and am enjoying their quarterly dividends.

Chart looks terrible - finding new lows while the tide seems to rise again. RSI indicating "hopelessly oversold" but no depth on the buy side.

Start to wonder whether this could be a top up opportunity - or whether there are people out there knowing things we don't but should know?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Chart looks terrible - finding new lows while the tide seems to rise again. RSI indicating "hopelessly oversold" but no depth on the buy side.

Start to wonder whether this could be a top up opportunity - or whether there are people out there knowing things we don't but should know?
    Yes always difficult to know.
    What makes it harder is the next business update and guidance, may not be until the end of March,if going by last year's is an indication.
    Going from TRA's previous announcements,and the fact new car sales are still setting records, I see no reason to change my analyst of their business. I do not buy or sell on no news.
    I did speak to Todd Hunter a couple of weeks ago,about lack of news on new sites opened up.Thought there should have been a "news realise" on the Wiri site in particular,and an article on what attracted Turners to Whangerei.Todd did agree they were lost opportunities.
    Hopefully there will not be too many more lost opportunities.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Chart looks very similar to the CNU and SPK charts, all "hopelessly oversold" but current sentiment rules. Disc-Not holding. PS-Depends if you let your long term investment decisions be ruled by charts or not.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes always difficult to know.
    What makes it harder is the next business update and guidance, may not be until the end of March,if going by last year's is an indication.
    Going from TRA's previous announcements,and the fact new car sales are still setting records, I see no reason to change my analyst of their business. I do not buy or sell on no news.
    I did speak to Todd Hunter a couple of weeks ago,about lack of news on new sites opened up.Thought there should have been a "news realise" on the Wiri site in particular,and an article on what attracted Turners to Whangerei.Todd did agree they were lost opportunities.
    Hopefully there will not be too many more lost opportunities.
    cheers. Agree and shall hang in.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Chart looks very similar to the CNU and SPK charts, all "hopelessly oversold" but current sentiment rules. Disc-Not holding. PS-Depends if you let your long term investment decisions be ruled by charts or not.
    True - and your post helped me to find a remedy ; Changed my chart from 1 year to 4 year horizon and feel already better;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)