sharetrader
Page 255 of 373 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 5587
  1. #3811
    Following the momo
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Palmy
    Posts
    161

    Default

    I wonder if that's Grant filling his boats at $2.42 - $2.43?

    No end to the selling so far. Darn those buybacks pushing the price down.

  2. #3812
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,837

    Default

    looks like institutional volumes coming onto the market now. they better do a cash issue get the the debt down
    bull

  3. #3813
    Following the momo
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Palmy
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    looks like institutional volumes coming onto the market now. they better do a cash issue get the the debt down
    Nothing to worry about just a few more "reefies".

    Do reef fish travel in schools?

  4. #3814
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    I wonder if that's Grant filling his boats at $2.42 - $2.43?

    No end to the selling so far. Darn those buybacks pushing the price down.
    The Cum Dividend is now no longer covering the loss I am carrying on this. Now waiting for a reversal or for my stop loss to be hit (again) and I suspect the stop loss will come first.

  5. #3815
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    The Cum Dividend is now no longer covering the loss I am carrying on this. Now waiting for a reversal or for my stop loss to be hit (again) and I suspect the stop loss will come first.
    Do you get the feeling this share is not for you.?

  6. #3816
    Following the momo
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Palmy
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    The Cum Dividend is now no longer covering the loss I am carrying on this. Now waiting for a reversal or for my stop loss to be hit (again) and I suspect the stop loss will come first.
    It's hard to swim against an outgoing tide, especially since the smart money looks to be making a move.

    Just check out what's happen to HLG this week with a large holder exiting at any cost, a 24c dividend doesn't help against a 40c drop in price.

    Disc: Have been watching the price/volume action of both stocks and have reducing in sequence with the tide (I'm a reefie and just follow the current)
    Last edited by McGinty; 06-12-2018 at 12:50 PM.

  7. #3817
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6,363

    Default

    Looking extremely ugly, with this sort of anihilation of the SP divvies don't come into it at this point in time.PS-It would take me three and a half years worth of divvies to break even at this point.
    Last edited by couta1; 06-12-2018 at 12:54 PM.

  8. #3818
    Handsome Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    It's hard to swim against an outgoing tide, especially since the smart money looks to be making a move.

    Just check out what's happen to HLG this week with a large holder exiting at any cost, a 24c dividend doesn't help against a 40c drop in price.

    Disc: Have been watching the price/volume action of both stocks and have reducing in sequence with the tide (I'm a reefie)
    Last night I started listening to “The Warren Buffet Way” again. Felt a little more at ease after watching my entire portfolio over the past 2 months, especially when I was in accumulate mode, all decisions I make is for the long term yet these market fluctuations gives me the heeby geebies in the stomach lol. HLG was one I accumulated quite a few of over the last 2 months and so was SUM, doesn’t look like a smart move today...oh well time will tell.

  9. #3819
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    23,828

    Default

    Beagle


    I can understand you rolling the dice at this level...odds don't look too shabby but probably best not to pretend its a one sided bet as quite a few people thought the same when the SP was higher. A downgrade could see this rapidly heading towards $2.00.
    Should have listened to you mate ......you were joking about $2.00weren’t you? ...or just another guru call
    Last edited by winner69; 06-12-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  10. #3820
    Following the momo
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Palmy
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Last night I started listening to “The Warren Buffet Way” again. Felt a little more at ease after watching my entire portfolio over the past 2 months, especially when I was in accumulate mode, all decisions I make is for the long term yet these market fluctuations gives me the heeby geebies in the stomach lol. HLG was one I accumulated quite a few of over the last 2 months and so was SUM, doesn’t look like a smart move today...oh well time will tell.
    I feel your pain over the last 2 months, it hasn't been the best market for most ST members portfolios over that period.

    I'm happy to hold a stock long term as long as the story (narrative) which convinced me to enter, stays in tack. If the stock's narrative chagings (and I can usually see this from the charts), then I must change my view as well.

    I prefer to lose a bit of money and admin that (in this case) I was wrong, rather than sit through years of uncertainty (paper losses) waiting patiently to be proven right. The opportunity cost of bottom draw investing is too great (In my personal case).
    Last edited by McGinty; 06-12-2018 at 01:23 PM.

  11. #3821
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    12,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Should have listened to you mate ......you were joking about $2.00weren’t you? ...or just another guru call
    I don't joke about things this serious mate.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-12-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  12. #3822
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Do you get the feeling this share is not for you.?
    Any share that is losing the holder capital and not replacing that loss with divies with a shrinking window of opportunity to turn the tide and recoup those losses in a timely manner ought not be for anyone.

    I have bought back in purely as a speculative punt that the buy back will drive the SP above my entry price. As with all risk I have an exit strategy with a stop loss set. The stop loss allows time for a recovery.

    Gotta admit my cunning plan is so far a failure.

  13. #3823
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6,363

    Default

    Forget the reefies the Kingfish have moved in.Lol

  14. #3824
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,837

    Default

    divs will fall if sales decline too much ... too much debt to be otherwise
    bull

  15. #3825
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Forget the reefies the Kingfish have moved in.Lol
    instos see the writing on the wall
    bull

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •