sharetrader
Page 365 of 400 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 5989
  1. #5461
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Absolutely - just failing at the moment to see the big upside compared to the risks ...

    And sure - we all have our fair share of losers in the portfolio (well, I do - and TRA was one of them). It is just that sometimes it appears that for holders the endowment effect is overtaking the analytical skills :
    Objectives.When I am achieving my objectives it proves my research,and capital allocations is paying off.
    Objective 5% growth...........Result 26.95%....Over 5 times the objective.
    Objective 5% yield..Achieved.
    This coming years objective.5% growth and steady dividends.Turners provide a good part of the steady dividends, and I would expect in the next year or two, [or three] they will provide good growth too.
    I could not have asked more from my portfolio.At present time I have been adding to any company I hold that has an earnings upgrade ie ASX's MMI[doubled],MSV[doubled],and AQZ[added 60%].
    I also added to my [asx] TFL in their rights issue .In NZ I liked ALF's house keeping so added a few more.
    Last edited by percy; 19-07-2019 at 03:18 PM.

  2. #5462
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Objectives.When I am achieving my objectives it proves my research,and capital allocations is paying off.
    Objective 5% growth...........Result 26.95%....Over 5 times the objective.
    Objective 5% yield..Achieved.
    This coming years objective.5% growth and steady dividends.Turners provide a good part of the steady dividends, and I would expect in the next year or two, [or three] they will provide good growth too.
    I could not have asked more from my portfolio.At present time I have been adding to any company I hold that has an earnings upgrade ie ASX's MMI[doubled],MSV[doubled],and AQZ[added 60%].
    I also added to my [asx] TFL in their rights issue .In NZ I liked ALF's house keeping so added a few more.
    Shouldn't we talk on this thread about TRA?

    I remember a time when a poster named percy told me that he invests into companies who do what they say. Not sure, whether latter is true for TRA. They said that they want to become a one stop shop for buyers of pre-loved cars. However, this apparently was too hard for them despite charging an increased board fee for all the complications. Now they invented a new aspirational goal to become the netflix of second hand car dealing - whatever this means.

    How do you measure whether Turners is keeping their promises? Do you at all - or did you just turn into a "believer"?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  3. #5463
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,580

    Default

    The relocated and new branches.Using insurance company capital reserves for property development.Expanding foot print.Number of revenue streams.Simple good sense to me.Moving from wholesale to retail is working.
    Yes I like the business [selling second hand cars], and yes I like the people.They are doing what they say they will do.
    Same worked for me with HGH,EBO,FRE,MFT and is working a treat with PAZ.
    Hard to explain but Turners are doing what I want,not just their business,but I am achieving the dividend I want.No matter
    what the sp does over the next year or two, I will receive 17 cents plus or minus per share.The divie is fully imputed and paid quarterly.Regular divies mean I do not have to sell any shares to live.Makes a big difference to a retiree.
    Once eps grow then we will see the sp rise.

    Right time for me to take another break.
    Have a good weekend.
    Last edited by percy; 19-07-2019 at 04:48 PM.

  4. #5464
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On the road 24/7/365
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    TRA are an important part of my portfolio.Sound dividends and prospects of solid earnings growth.
    My wife's and my portfolios have been updated by Craigs this morning.Our portfolios have a mixture of growth and yield stocks.
    The objective has been to achieve 5% growth and 5% dividend yield.
    Since exactly a year ago they have achieved 26.95% growth.On top of this we have enjoyed substantial income from dividends.
    With this growth, the dividend % yield has decreased,although the dividends have increased.No dividend reinvestments.
    Solid research rather than hope provides growth and yield .
    The coming year objectives are:5% plus growth and steady dividends.
    Fantastic returns Percy. Well done! I'm sure your break will be enjoyed even more knowing that you received another Turner's dividend just a few days ago :-)

  5. #5465
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Napier
    Posts
    977

    Default

    The impression that I am getting is that Milford are selling down even lower. Where do people see the bottom price? I keep thinking this is a good price then it goes down another cent or two. That dividend looks mouth watering indeed. I hold a few shares but not a lot. I won’t sell my A2 shares, as they keep rising. I am not too worried about TRA as I feel it is a great company. I have purchased a car firsthand from Turners and can not fault their service.

  6. #5466
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    173

    Default

    If you want to invest in a car company, then which one do you think is the best bet?

    Chart - TRA.jpg

    Chart - CMO.jpg
    Last edited by SilverBack; 29-07-2019 at 04:37 PM.

  7. #5467
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Napier
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    If you want to invest in a car company, then which one do you think is the best bet?

    Chart - TRA.jpg

    Chart - CMO.jpg
    Thanks for your opinion and yes Colonial have done really well in the last years. Not too sure whether that growth will continue for both companies. We know it is tough out there in the automotive game, but I am looking forward to seeing Todd on the 22 August.

  8. #5468
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Thanks for your opinion and yes Colonial have done really well in the last years. Not too sure whether that growth will continue for both companies. We know it is tough out there in the automotive game, but I am looking forward to seeing Todd on the 22 August.
    Actually, I am not invested in CMO. The point I was hoping to make is that TRA has not been succeeding while CMO has. One company's strategy has been failing them, while the other's has clearly been working for them. I doubt if actually seeing Todd will make a difference to the share price.

  9. #5469
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,035

    Default

    What part has been failing Silver or are you just talking about the current weak s/p and big fundie selling down? Pretty strong generalisation imo. Being a holder i look forward to the meeting. I dont doubt that you double doubt it making a difference as you have no interest and won't be there. No doubt about that.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 29-07-2019 at 06:50 PM.

  10. #5470
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    What part has been failing Silver or are you just talking about the current weak s/p and big fundie selling down? Pretty strong generalisation imo. Being a holder i look forward to the meeting. I dont doubt that you double doubt it making a difference as you have no interest and won't be there. No doubt about that.
    No generalisation involved - just the facts shown by the charts. Did you look at the charts? The last two years show a steadily declining SP for TRA whereas CMO has been moving upwards. Hence, I am not just talking about the current weak SP or funds selling out. I am talking persistent downtrend followed by an admission by TRA that their strategy of coupling insurance with vehicle sales is failing while they seem to be adopting an (internationally) unproven "rental" model with increased risk, which might explain why the fund is moving on.
    If you can express the reasons for CMO's success in the face of TRA's lack of success, then we will be much more informed.
    I cannot believe in unsubstantiated statements of faith but I can believe in rational explanations as to why TRA might reverse their performance (seeing Todd face to face is not one of them).

  11. #5471
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,035

    Default

    Thanks for your response.I know these meetings can be just a spruik to the converted but there are always some info thats int, especially rational questions from shareholders and worth going to if you own a part of the company.Take your point about the chart. I like the new potential direction, adapt or perish. Your opinion of Todd is fine for you but i dont accept that atpit. I have no thoughts on CMO. cheers JT

  12. #5472
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thanks for your response.I know these meetings can be just a spruik to the converted but there are always some info thats int, especially rational questions from shareholders and worth going to if you own a part of the company.Take your point about the chart. I like the new potential direction, adapt or perish. Your opinion of Todd is fine for you but i dont accept that atpit. I have no thoughts on CMO. cheers JT
    I have no opinion on Todd since I have never met him. I can only judge the company on its performance and announcements. Yes, ask some pertinent questions with determination, even if the Chair attempts to deflect them as they very easily do. I cannot be there but why not ask how CMO is succeeding but TRA is not? You will probbaly get b's'h''t back but at least they have to stop and think.

  13. #5473
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    10,389

    Default

    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/338290

    SOS sent to rescue 'undervalued' falling sp.

    Interesting that it is not a 'P' sensitive announcement so they must be anticipating that the likes of Milford will continue to take advantage of the buyback to sell off the rest of their shares.

  14. #5474
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,127

    Default

    wasting more money on a buyback , i guess for the benefit of large s/h to exit there holding lol . money would be better spent on debt reduction in my opinion

    Turners announces on-market share buyback programme

    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/338290
    bull

  15. #5475
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    10,389

    Default

    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...293/304335.pdf

    On the road again.

    Disappointing that there's no Ferrari anywhere in the presentation.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •