sharetrader
Page 383 of 840 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 8391

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Should have listened to you mate ......you were joking about $2.00weren’t you? ...or just another guru call
    I don't joke about things this serious mate.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-12-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Do you get the feeling this share is not for you.?
    Any share that is losing the holder capital and not replacing that loss with divies with a shrinking window of opportunity to turn the tide and recoup those losses in a timely manner ought not be for anyone.

I have bought back in purely as a speculative punt that the buy back will drive the SP above my entry price. As with all risk I have an exit strategy with a stop loss set. The stop loss allows time for a recovery.

Gotta admit my cunning plan is so far a failure.

Banned

Forget the reefies the Kingfish have moved in.Lol

divs will fall if sales decline too much ... too much debt to be otherwise
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    instos see the writing on the wall
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Another 5 cent dividend tax free (loss) for those that sold yesterday..... and probably another one tomorrow. The knife keeps falling. I would be selling.... In saying I’m not a shareholder so DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.ahgir.com.au/download/201...esentation.pdf
    Interesting to read AHG's recent annual meeting presentation and see how Australasia's largest listed automotive group is going. In brief, (because I know the vast majority of you good folks are too busy to read this link in full) their profit for the first four months of FY19, (annualised) is tracking at slightly less than half last year and this includes two of the busiest months of the year in spring when sales are normally robust. N.Z. new vehicle sales by comparison with Australian sales are very robust by comparison, go figure ? (especially given business and consumer confidence here is anything but positive).

I think some of the factors mentioned in their report help put Turners (maybe and modest) profit downgrade into its proper perspective.
    Pretty depressing that AHG ....even the chart looks the same

Huge mountain of debt to support (one of the main reasons for the almost 50% decline in profit)

Seems a bigger impending train wreck than Turners.

Talking of impending train wrecks this was a close call in Sydney ......don’t pump the brakes too often when train going downhill
    https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...05-p50kba.html
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Another 5 cent dividend tax free (loss) for those that sold yesterday..... and probably another one tomorrow. The knife keeps falling. I would be selling.... In saying I’m not a shareholder so DYOR
    Sure - hype can do anything to a share and it is clearly extreme fear time. Probably some stop losses around 240 firing as well.

Having said that ... quite high volume today and the tide might well be turning. Might well be capitulation time. Not a good move to be the last seller before the tide turns (been there, done that).

Actually - might be a good time for the share buy back, at least they can buy today a reasonable amount.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Looking extremely ugly, with this sort of anihilation of the SP divvies don't come into it at this point in time.PS-It would take me three and a half years worth of divvies to break even at this point.
    I have been watching this thread with interest as I was lucky enough to bail around $3.10. I am wondering why you have watched the sp go down and down and down Couta and not bailed sooner?

Jeepers. the tree is being give a right old shaking. All sorts exiting. Whose shorting TRA?