sharetrader
Page 580 of 840 FirstFirst ... 80480530570576577578579580581582583584590630680 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 8391
    percy

[QUOTE=Snoopy;772077

Turners have another way to generate 'insurance capital' and that is to raise premium charges by more than the expected payouts they will make. In 'insurance speak', I think the term for this is 'reducing the loss ratio'. So we shareholders could just take the 'insurance capital surplus' knowing that if the balance turns negative again we can just increase insurance premiums. I have to admit feeling a bit queasy over the ethics of that behaviour. The counter argument would be that if the net plan deficit were to remain we shareholders would be obliged to make up the difference. So it is only fair that we should take away our surplus capital when it is ostensibly no longer needed.[/QUOTE]

"Insurance speak"."Reducing the loss ratio".
    a] By carefully knowing the different repair costs for various vehicles Autosure can better match premiums.I have previously posted that fixing European vehicles cost 3 to 6 times as much as Japanese vehicles.Four wheel drive are also a lot more expensive to fix than two wheel drive...[data].
    b] By assessing whose liability the repairs are.A lot of times the vehicle may have been sold with an existing problem.So it is the dealer's responsibility to repair, rather than Autosure's.
    c] Making sure the vehicle has been serviced as per the Autosure policy.
    Last edited by percy; 20-09-2019 at 09:31 AM.

IMO

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Ah, yes gotta love those fully imputed divvies.

Turners CEO, Todd Hunter, said: “Turners continues to deliver strong profits and ranks in the top 10 NZX companies for gross dividend yield. Based on a share price of $2.60 the dividend yield is in excess of 9% reflecting great value for yield and growth investors particularly against the backdrop of an increasingly low yield environment. 1Q trading conditions were robust and all business divisions tracking ahead of budget and ahead of FY19 at end of Q1.”

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    well, not till October 22 actually
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

IMO

Pedantic Peat lol
    This news

Tueners Dunedin got For Lease signs all over it

Relocating to new huge site....or closing down?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Tueners Dunedin got For Lease signs all over it

Relocating to new huge site....or closing down?
    Relocating to a new huge site near the "Forbar stadium".
    The excitement continues,as we know new and relocated sites trade "gangbusters".
    Was announced in their Roadshow presentation.Also page 27 AGM presentation.You must have missed them..Not like you.Luckily you have me here to help you....lol.
    Last edited by percy; 24-09-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Relocating to a new huge site near the "Forbar stadium".
    The excitement continues,as we know new and relocated sites trade "gangbusters".
    Was announced in their Roadshow presentation.Also page 27 AGM presentation.You must have missed them..Not like you.Luckily you have me here to help you....lol.
    Thanks percy

Just on holiday and saw it. That site quite big so a new huge site will be awesome for Turners

I can feel Otago people getting excited already ...even though we’ve left Dunedin anymore
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Yes awesome.
    But wait there is more.
    Nelson and Timaru can expect to see a Turners branch hopefully in the not too distant future.2021.
    Enjoy your holiday happy in the knowledge Turners are working hard for customers and shareholders .

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Final decision Oxford Finance not being sold. Guess no one else thought it was worth a $100 million.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/341658