sharetrader
Page 450 of 840 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450451452453454460500550 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So true baa_baa

But sentiment may never change .....Turners may have become a pariah of the NZX .....no matter how fantastic the company thinks they are the share price will always be way below some delusional ‘intrinsic value’
    In which case it will pay a great quarterly dividend and I will be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    In which case it will pay a great quarterly dividend and I will be happy with that.
    So true ......but what if dividends are slashed
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So true ......but what if dividends are slashed
    Thats a different case. Then the company is not performing as I expect and best to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Market sentiment is such a powerful force and usually so difficult to pinpoint unless it's one 'in your face issue' like a bunch of insiders dumping their shares. So with a TRA regardless of what the real issues re if any, the market sentiment is easily monitored by the charts and simple TA will tell you when it's time to buy in, riding the sentiment back up again and enjoying those juicy dividends. The time is not now but it could be close.
    Still on my watchlist and I agree about watching TA. What on earth is going on in consumers minds that is supressing demand in the vehicle industry ? Its a hard one to figure but with TA you don't need too. Looks pretty grim across the Tasman too. https://www.caradvice.com.au/731211/...february-2019/
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I'll be pleased when the buy back is over.

Every day there is a new market announcement and I eagerly expect a positive market update. But no. Just a few thousand more shares bought at an ever decreasing SP

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post

Every day there is a new market announcement and I eagerly expect a positive market update. But no. Just a few thousand more shares bought at an ever decreasing SP

.....but creating wealth for shareholders they say ...like buyback returns are greater thn their cost of capital - a rather nebulous statement that nobody knows what it means
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Buy backs results in each shareholder owning a bigger slice of the cake.
    Turners directors, who are already large shareholders, understand this well,and I expect the low prices being paid to buy back shares, will see the buyback extended.
    That would make good sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Buy backs results in each shareholder owning a bigger slice of the cake.
    Turners directors, who are already large shareholders, understand this well,and I expect the low prices being paid to buy back shares, will see the buyback extended.
    That would make good sense to me.
    Obviously - every share bought back increases TRA's leverage. Last time I checked (last financials) their total liabilities to total asset ratio was just shy of 70%. Where would you see a sensible limit for them?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Talked to another used car dealer (son of a good friend) yesterday to get a feel of what's happening out there.

He runs a very successful small yard - 20 to 25 vehicles at a time - mostly Japanese imports which he sources through his agent in Japan. He also deals in ex-demo from the European marques.

Nothing new, I don't think but -

The used car market has slowed down a lot in the last 6 months and is extremely competitive with far too many players who do not know what they are doing. An added problem is that new car prices have been discounted and some new car dealers have been stuck with too much stock after playing the game of ordering additional stock to get the volume rebates at end of quarters. He cited BMW as the worse example - why there are currently plenty of ex-demo BMWs around for sale.

Margins in used cars were fantastic 5 years ago (as high as 50%+ with the el-cheapos very high mileage under $5k cars) but year by year, margins have been dropping to the extent that it has become too 'dangerous' to be holding too much stock.

Many smaller players have left the game - there will be a war of attrition until the sound and well operated ones remain. The smaller players quitting stock as they leave the industry is putting additional short term pressure.

Asked him about Buy Right Cars - his view is that the company's huge stock and overheads will be bleeding money during the current shake-out period.

Read and take it for what it is worth.
    Last edited by Balance; 05-03-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post

Full year results not due to be reported until May - unless there's an earnings update.