sharetrader
Page 489 of 840 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493499539589 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 8398
    Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Aren't you mixing up value ("worth") and price? They well might be worth more than $3 ... it is just that one can buy them cheaper ;
    Yup that sounds about right
    I once told a friend when I bought into Facebook at $16 a share that it is valued at a lot more in the years to come, he responded by saying the price is too much .....well in the years that followed the value was apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Yup that sounds about right
    I once told a friend when I bought into Facebook at $16 a share that it is valued at a lot more in the years to come, he responded by saying the price is too much .....well in the years that followed the value was apparent.
    You must have been friends with Mark Z and got the shares before IPO?

I told a friend the same thing about Aquaria 21 when I bought the shares at 15c. It came true only because the market got excited about Eric 'Tax Evasion' Watson using it as a backdoor list for 'Flying Pig' so I doubled my money!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

I told a friend the same thing about Aquaria 21 when I bought the shares at 15c. It came true only because the market got excited about Eric 'Tax Evasion' Watson using it as a backdoor list for 'Flying Pig' so I doubled my money!
    Looks to be another "window of opportunity" steering you right in the face here too. lol

Handsome Member

Nope didnt have enough cash when it IPO'd, bought when it took a dive, actually had a look now and bought the first lot at $17.86. NVDIA will be the same in teh years to come.
    They had too many "customers" not to be able to make a profit in the years to come. Always felt i missed the boat with Google hence FB it was. Now they have Insta which would add more to that ongoing cash flow. My big call now is Disney, so lets see how that plays out with all the IP that they own for streaming.

Anyways back to TRA, looking fwd to the divies. In the market for a ute, might stop there and see whats for sale.
    Last edited by LAC; 05-04-2019 at 12:57 PM.

On the doghouse

Todd definitely keeps a close eye on this forum!
    Todd keeps a fatherly guiding hand on all his employees, no matter what their place of work! It is just what good bosses do ;-P.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Directors should look at how Sky City does a share buy back. Started today and SP up 2.3%

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Directors should look at how Sky City does a share buy back. Started today and SP up 2.3%
    Maybe SKC should look at how TRA did it,as they managed to buy back at a discount.?...lol.

Guru

I'm not sure the idea of a buyback is to actually increase the SP. For mine the idea is to increase the EPS going forward of the company (thus increasing the SP). If the company can do this with as little use of funds as is possible it is all the better for shareholders. I as a shareholder would rather TRA buy back shares in the $2.30 range than say the $2.65 range. Going forward that is better for TRA as they have more cash left over for other things like dividends and future growth.
    Why the shareprice is retreating after the company announces a buy back, well that is another thing entirely.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Why would you want to buy when the price is up? Wouldnt you want to buy at the bottom and then want the share price to go up after? Reducing the number of shares at the cheapest cost to add shareholder value is the aim, I think

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I'm not sure the idea of a buyback is to actually increase the SP. For mine the idea is to increase the EPS going forward of the company (thus increasing the SP). If the company can do this with as little use of funds as is possible it is all the better for shareholders. I as a shareholder would rather TRA buy back shares in the $2.30 range than say the $2.65 range. Going forward that is better for TRA as they have more cash left over for other things like dividends and future growth.
    Why the shareprice is retreating after the company announces a buy back, well that is another thing entirely.
    Yes should increase EPS but often multiples contract after buybacks (esp those not funded by surplus cash) as the market sees them as more leveraged (riskier)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”