sharetrader
Page 719 of 840 FirstFirst ... 219619669709715716717718719720721722723729769819 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,190 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Things not going to plan at NZ Automotive -

New Zealand based integrated used automotive group NZ Automotive Investments Limited (NZAI / the Company) (NZX:NZA) advises of lower than expected revenue, as a result of lower car, finance and insurance product sales during the December and early January period.

Ha ha …. TURNERS BEATING THEM HANDS DOWN
    The difference being that NZA stocked up with cars early December, but Turners early November. However Turners sold their stock by the end of December before the traditional glut of private vehicles came on the market, while NZA did not respond and actually had more stock in January than in December. Margins are tight, so small errors like that cost heaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    Paid tomorrow.
    Dividend payable today (27th)
    SCOTTY

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Dividend payable today (27th)
    But grimy did post that yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonette View Post
    The difference being that NZA stocked up with cars early December, but Turners early November. However Turners sold their stock by the end of December before the traditional glut of private vehicles came on the market, while NZA did not respond and actually had more stock in January than in December. Margins are tight, so small errors like that cost heaps.
    NZA seem to be blaming everything in sight on BusinessDesk this morning: https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/l...ckfire-on-nzai
    “Management is not seeing the expected bounce back in sales previously experienced following the first covid-19 lockdown,” it said.
    This slowdown has been compounded by NZAI’s decision to stock up on low emissions vehicles that would qualify for the government’s clean car rebate.
    The rebate was supposed to be implemented from the start of the year but has been pushed back to April, negatively impacting sales expectations of these car types.
    “The business had expected to see a lift in demand of low emission cars in January, which it would benefit from,” NZAI said.

Realistically, they did not manage their stock to the market conditions, trying to jump the gun on imported EV and PHEV vehicles. Then they did not have Turners contactless purchasing (NZ Automotive Investment (NZAI) said having covid-19 in the Auckland region was reducing the number of sales rather than just delaying when they happen) Contactless purchasing seemed to ensure Turners stock continued to turnover during Auckland lockdown.

Received my dividend, which I used to buy more Turners shares. It is, IMHO, the company which will go from strength to strength despite the economic challenges on our doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Louloubell View Post
    Received my dividend, which I used to buy more Turners shares. It is, IMHO, the company which will go from strength to strength despite the economic challenges on our doorstep.
    Bit like the US dollar so hope Turners have plenty of forward currency cover

percy

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Bit like the US dollar so hope Turners have plenty of forward currency cover
    As the majority of their stock is sourced in NZ, I doubt they will require a great deal of forward currency cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Louloubell View Post
    Well said, I agree 100%.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

WTF --- did I see a 416 share price

Heck that's 12% off from it was early Jan

Even allowing for the 5 cent divie 460 seems a long way off now
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    WTF --- did I see a 416 share price

Heck that's 12% off from it was early Jan

Even allowing for the 5 cent divie 460 seems a long way off now
    Aye - nice short/medium term dividend yields off this price.
    I might be wrong but I recall TRA saying they would revisit their medium term NBPT targets and update the market at some point (probably because they will have met them far earlier!). But as part of that it would be great to see some management discussion and analysis on the impact of rising second hand car prices, and what may happen to profitability once those elevated prices normalise at some point. They *will* go down, might not be this year, or even next year...but as a shareholder it is something in the back of my mind.