sharetrader
Page 532 of 840 FirstFirst ... 32432482522528529530531532533534535536542582632 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 8391
    percy

[QUOTE=BlackPeter;762685].

PPS: percy, I wish you well, but it sort of feels you are flogging with TRA a dead horse ... time to review, reflect and rebalance? Yes, it used to be a good story, but they changed the story, and I am not sure the numbers ever added up ....

Funny enough I received my wife's and my own portolio updates last night from Craigs.
    Not including dividends, our combined portfolios are up 21% since 26th February this year.
    And that increase was a considerable amount of money.
    Two very big milestones were reached.[both I doubted we would ever achieve].
    The bench mark I use is aaml.co.nz.Certainly have outperformed them over the years.
    Therefore our portfolios remain "well positioned" to deliver good growth, and excellent dividends.
    I am retaining TRA ,and infact am considering adding a few more before they go ex divie.
    Last edited by percy; 13-06-2019 at 08:20 AM.

[QUOTE=percy;762691]
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Funny enough I received my wife's and my own portolio updates last night from Craigs.
    Not including dividends, our combined portfolios are up 21% since 26th February this year.
    And that increase was a considerable amount of money.
    And it would have been even more if TRA wasnt in your portfolio.

TRA remains in mine because stop loss hasn't been reached. I'm currently down 5.6%. But this loss in capital is partially made up from the dividends which reduces my net loss to around 2.5%

A loss at this level causes me no concern. Most of my portfolio sits in minor loss territory but it balanced out by some stand out performers. You cant win them all (or at least I cant) so I am happy enough to carry the risk for the mean time. Time in the market , rather than timing the market seems to work well enough for me.

This is second time around for me and they continue to disappoint. Stop loss has consequently been reset for 10%

[QUOTE=minimoke;762693]
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    And it would have been even more if TRA wasnt in your portfolio.

TRA remains in mine because stop loss hasn't been reached. I'm currently down 5.6%. But this loss in capital is partially made up from the dividends which reduces my net loss to around 2.5%

A loss at this level causes me no concern. Most of my portfolio sits in minor loss territory but it balanced out by some stand out performers. You cant win them all (or at least I cant) so I am happy enough to carry the risk for the mean time. Time in the market , rather than timing the market seems to work well enough for me.

This is second time around for me and they continue to disappoint. Stop loss has consequently been reset for 10%
    Kept TRA & MOA on watchlist after making very good money investing in 42 Below & Trilogy.

Not tempted to invest in TRA (or Moa) as I believe the Baker Boys Modus Operandi of brand building (42 Below) and scale building (Trilogy) before flicking to an acquirer has run its course:

Moa is surviving on capital raising year after year. While the brewery is building up volume and market presence, the craft beer market is getting ever more crowded with little scope that one of the big boys will acquire Moa.

Recent developments with TRA (unsuccessful sale of business overseas and director selling shares, albeit small but still very telling given the extremely bullish comments of undervaluation & share buyback) suggest that TRA has a lot of work ahead to become a sustainable business entity.

Agree with W69 that we had a lucky escape with Trilogy! Not going to try my luck again - need it for a couple of stragglers in my portfolio.
    Last edited by Balance; 13-06-2019 at 09:09 AM.

percy

[QUOTE=Balance;762699]
    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post

Kept TRA & MOA on watchlist after making very good money investing in 42 Below & Trilogy.

Not tempted to invest in TRA (or Moa) as I believe the Baker Boys Modus Operandi of brand building (42 Below) and scale building (Trilogy) before flicking to an acquirer has run its course:

Moa is surviving on capital raising year after year. While the brewery is building up volume and market presence, the craft beer market is getting ever more crowded with little scope that one of the big boys will acquire Moa.

Recent developments with TRA (unsuccessful sale of business overseas and director selling shares, albeit small but still very telling given the extremely bullish comments of undervaluation & share buyback) suggest that TRA has a lot of work ahead to become a sustainable business entity.

Agree with W69 that we had a lucky escape with Trilogy! Not going to try my luck again - need it for a couple of stragglers in my portfolio.
    As you know The Business Bakery shared out their holdings in MOA and TRA.
    MOA is Ross's project while TRA is Baker's.
    I do not follow MOA so can not comment.
    TRA I do follow, and my research tells me they will turn out an excellent investment.I have always backed myself .
    Their divies help to make up our dividend income, which is helped by HGH,GNE,MEL,PGW,SPK,and now SKL. .
    Last edited by percy; 13-06-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Just the usual suspects.
    I think they have gone over to the darkside.
    Best to leave them to play with themselves.
    Could say they deserve each other.....lol.
    Was that “play with themselves or play by themselves?”
    SCOTTY

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Was that “play with themselves or play by themselves?”
    Oh dear,did I write that.!
    Will have to think about that.?...lol.

Advanced Member

Someone seems to be buying loads today and selling loads today

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Always a good sign for a breakout - be it on the upside or downside.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Couple of large parcels (183k and 443k lots) were crossed at 2.36. Not sure what to read into though...

percy

Maybe Paul Byrnes is selling enough to buy a unit at OCA's "The Sands,"..?