sharetrader
Page 409 of 840 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 8391
    percy

I was talking to an old motor racing friend yesterday.
    He was telling me how he rang into an old mate of his.Worked at Turners for years,then went to Australia and furthered his career,learning auctioneering.
    Spoke very highly of him.
    This guy is now in charge of Turners' Classic Cars in ChCh.
    So not only do Turners attract great staff,they retain them.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    HaHa that's the problem winner neither Couts or Turner's were buying yesterday.Lol
    Couts and Turners has a nice ring to it ...or should it be Turners and Couts

So it seems that without Couts and Turner doing their thing lately the share price might have been sub $2
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Couts and Turners has a nice ring to it ...or should it be Turners and Couts

So it seems that without Couts and Turner doing their thing lately the share price might have been sub $2
    Are you buying ?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Default Picture says 1000 words

chartturners.jpgchartturners.jpg

A lot of people, (myself included), have had a very expensive lesson in why one shouldn't bother fighting TA.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-01-2019 at 08:49 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    chartturners.jpgchartturners.jpg

A lot of people, (myself included), have had a very expensive lesson in why one shouldn't bother fighting TA.
    Lovely ski slope, c'mon Beagle get those skis on and get amongst it.

Quite right - with 20/20 hindsight it was quite stupid not to sell, and my ability to forecast our now common hindsight was as bad as everybody elses.

Problem is - past performance is no indicator for the future ... so - where do you recon the SP will be in 2 years from now? Is the further down risk larger than the upside opportunities?

I think the sales proposition for the NZ used vehicle market will midterm improve - Who will want to buy now a new car with combustion engine if they can have a new cheap electric car in a decade from now and their now new combusty would be unsaleable by then? God used car is at the moment the way to go until we see how the electric car market plays out.

Open question is - what proportion of this marketshare will Turners be able to take? If they play their cards well they should be quite well positioned ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Yeah, NAH, might just sit in the café sipping latte's until the ski lift starts working again https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=7&ajaxhist=0
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Yeah, NAH, might just sit in the café sipping latte's until the ski lift starts working again https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=7&ajaxhist=0
    Must agree with you.
    Was out a tad over 2 years ago at a small lose.
    Have not seen any reason to jump back in.
    Despite Percy's glowing posts.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I was talking to an old motor racing friend yesterday.
    He was telling me how he rang into an old mate of his.Worked at Turners for years,then went to Australia and furthered his career,learning auctioneering.
    Spoke very highly of him.
    This guy is now in charge of Turners' Classic Cars in ChCh.
    So not only do Turners attract great staff,they retain them.
    Should have added a ps.
    Any car enthusiast visiting ChCh should make a trip to,Dutton Garage NZ,148 Carlyle Street,Sydenham.
    Google Dutton Garage, and you will get an idea of the fantastic classics they have for sale.
    Most of their stock is brought by collectors,and I guess if classic cars are exempt from capital gains tax ,they will be going gang busters.[as will Turners' classic car division].
    Last edited by percy; 24-01-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Banned

Beagle you just have to get better at multi tasking, I can teach you how to trade shares whilst riding the chairlift sipping on a latte at the same time.