sharetrader
Page 102 of 840 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 8391
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by black knat View Post
    Will need an announcement of a new acquisition to trade substantially higher levels, but that may not be far away. And they have to change their name "Dorchester" is super stuffy and a real 2000s finance company name. Needs to be Turners.

Do you have a 12 month price target Percy?
    The takeover of Turners worked well for DPC with more than expected TUA shareholders taking DPC shares/bonds.This , with the capital raised has left DPC with funds for another acquisition.
    DPC will change their name to Turners to take advantage of Turners excellent/strong brand name.
    12 month target price? With strengthening balance sheet,possible further acquisitions,name change to Turners,and more runs on the board,I think 50 to 60 cents is possible.

i get valuations going forward between 37c - 53c
    If you look at sector pe for financial services they can range from regular pe of 15 to shiller pe of 21.5 based on a sample of 66 stocks
    one step ahead of the herd

sorry thats all i can say - its only become worthy of looking at now they have taken over turners and the potential which can come from that in my opinion
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

HELP PLEASE.
    I clicked onto the link,and have had an email
    "You've recently agreed to share your Yahoo information with "Guru Focus.""
    Could some kind person yell me, what sort of information I have agreed to share?

percy

Not sure percy - didn't happen to me!!
    Unsubscribed myself as I did not know what I had agreed to share??!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The takeover of Turners worked well for DPC with more than expected TUA shareholders taking DPC shares/bonds.This , with the capital raised has left DPC with funds for another acquisition.
    DPC will change their name to Turners to take advantage of Turners excellent/strong brand name.
    12 month target price? With strengthening balance sheet,possible further acquisitions,name change to Turners,and more runs on the board,I think 50 to 60 cents is possible.
    Turners Name Lives On Following Takeover By Dorchester
    3:11pm, 18 Dec 2014 | NAME
    18 December 2014
    Company Announcement

TURNERS NAME LIVES ON FOLLOWING TAKEOVER BY DORCHESTER

The Board of Dorchester Pacific Limited (NZX : DPC) today confirmed that, following its takeover of Turners Auctions, it will consolidate its interests into a single listed entity, but that this will carry the Turners name. The change will take effect from 1 February 2015.

“It doesn’t make sense to maintain two listed companies, so we had a decision to make,” said Dorchester CEO & Executive Director, Paul Byrnes.

“Although proud of the achievements of Dorchester and its very successful turn-around, we also recognise the inherent value and goodwill in the Turners name, which has a lot of history and affection attached to it.”

Mr Byrnes said the company had earlier undertaken focus group research which highlighted many positive values associated with the Turners brand, including words like trust, integrity, reputable, honest, well recognised, “Kiwiness”, championing the public, heritage and longevity.

“These values represent a positive brand platform on which to develop our group businesses,” he said.

Mr Byrnes reiterated that, as has been the case with other acquisitions such as EC Credit, and Oxford Finance, the Turners Auctions business will continue to operate independently , but share some ‘back office’ functions. The Dorchester brand will still remain an important banner for the group with Dorchester Finance continuing to grow in the motor vehicle and consumer lending market.

“We are excited about this next phase of our business growth and to welcome Turners Auctions and the great team of people attached to that business into our group,” Mr Byrnes said.

“As the new guardians of the Turners brand, we are very committed to making this successful and rewarding for all involved”.

ENDS

percy

My dividend is in the bank.!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    My dividend is in the bank.!
    Me too.

First post here on the forum. I enjoyed reading your comments!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by junh View Post
    Me too.

First post here on the forum. I enjoyed reading your comments!
    Welcome aboard.

percy

Article in yesterday's The Press headed "Turners gains from rebuild" stated just how well Turners are doing.
    "Turners CEO Todd Hunter said the firm was conducting two multimillion dollar auctions this month for businesses which had gone into receivership or liquidation.Both were construction companies- one based in Auckland and one in Christchurch."
    "The company was experiencing record highs of bidding on truck and machinery auctions,and the company had seen sales double over the past three years."
    "Demand is high across the country,with imports of new and used trucks increasing by 36% in 2014 compared to 2013."
    So it is not only car sales that Turners are doing well with.
    Those posters who thought DPC's takeover of TUA was well timed, were right.